Sign in to follow this  
Brian1045

Where did this come from?

Brian1045

A few of us have been waiting for TD to make certain style dash re-production decals. Here recently he has really come through. From my knowledge he just started making some for the 1045 and comparible models of the 60's. Now all of a sudden the same thing comes up on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wheel-Horse-Dash-Decal...A1%7C240%3A1318

Is someone copying from him or buying from him then ebaying them? No biggy...I just think it's weird :hide:

kj4kicks

That seller (and I can't remember his real name) has been making dash decals for a long time.

He made the one for my 1077, and it is great quality.

sorekiwi

He's been selling the reproduction belt guards for a long time too. I havent seen one in real life (that I know of...), but they look nice in the pictures.

Jim_M

It's Joe Papke.

I bought one of his dash decals for my 875 last year, it is very nice.

I bought one of the guards for my RJ59 this fall, it's nice, but was brazed together instead of being welded and a lot of the brazing has cracked. It can't be welded now, no way to get rid of all of the brass. I'm thinking about cleaning it up really well and using JB weld on it, then painting over it.

But no matter what, it's better than trying to find an original RJ belt guard or doing without.

CasualObserver

Brian... go back out and look at the bottom of this forum (Decals & Dashes) at a topic called "going to try something new" BPJunk did a dash renovation for the 2008 WHCC Show's 500 Special raffle tractor in that thread. Joe has been making this decal (as well as all the similar ones) for quite a while now.

jusjeepn

I have a set of joe's vinyl for my dash and they look great! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him for them, BUT.... TD is a member here and his work, in my opinion, is the best! He has been working very hard to accomodate all of us here and is doing a great job in his reproductions. At this time he is our only source since EM's sight is down and may not be back for a while! TD makes an excellent quality product and he actually strives for perfection for each and every application. Most of you have seen the work that he has done and it is excellent! His new dash decals look great and are top notch! I highly recommend his product for all your applications!

Just my .02