Sign in to follow this  
DougC

1995 520H Onan loose seeping eng. oil drain pipe

DougC

Getting ready to do an oil and filter change and thought I would see about either fixing loose drain pipe that flopps around or eliminating it alltogather and putting in simple crankcase drain plug. Any advice, suggestions and or experience with would be much appreciated.:)

Been loose for years and been ignoring it...:lol:

clem

A valve with a hose barb & piece of fule line running into a container or drain pan has always worked for me. I think the cost of some thread tape, valve, and hose was 10 bucks.20150117_230657.thumb.jpg.c7d2d39beb5f02

• Like 1

JackC

On my 1989 520H, I removed the engine mounting bolts so I could lift the engine to re plumb the drain pipe.
I used the high temp, oil resistant yellow Teflon tape and a drain valve from another brand tractor.
A John somebody?
I attach a plastic tube from the drain outlet down to the container when I do an oil change.

p7111283.JPG

P7111289.JPG

Edited by JackC
Delete extra pics
  • Like 4

WNYPCRepair

I've often thought about adding a valve, and assumed there was a reason they didn't use one, so I never tried it. Makes a lot more sense than just a plug. I will definitely be adding a valve to mine next oil change.

shallowwatersailor

I have one of these to go on my C-145 the next time I change oil. It originally had a 4 inch nipple and hex cap. The nipple turned out of the oil pan the first time I changed oil! With this I can mount it underneath and use a hose if need be on the optional hose end if the deck is on. I can also tell the position without looking at it.
http://www.ezoildrainvalve.com/

DSCN3220.thumb.JPG.b97429059eff521cbfd67

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 3

WNYPCRepair

I have one of these to go on my C-145 the next time I change oil. It originally had a 4 inch nipple and hex cap. The nipple turned out of the oil pan the first time I changed oil! With this I can mount it underneath and use a hose if need be on the optional hose end if the deck is on. I can also tell the position without looking at it.
http://www.ezoildrainvalve.com/

DSCN3220.thumb.JPG.b97429059eff521cbfd67

Ordered, thanks.