Sign in to follow this  
84 400

Neat tiller on E-bay

mcwh1950

84-400 not to be a smart a$$ look in here in the implement gallery and you can see about 4 of them . have you every try to use a front roto tiller from the 60 ,if so you would of love to have this pull behind. riding is a lot easying than walking. it look like the wrong muffer and pull starter on it

84 400

No I had not checked that out yet. I have used/servaced both rear and front tine tiller (wok at a rental store). Front tines are a bit of a PITA. Just thought it was neat looking when I was looking for plow attachment sytem I found that thing. Looks like it has an old crank start tec motor on it.

linen beige

That's either a WT-241 or a WT-242. Basically the only differences were internal in the drive shaft bearings. The WT-244 was a 6 hp and had a right angle grip on the clutch handle. I would guess from the serial number it's a WT-242. It should have a 5.5 hp Lauson V55D on it. It's hard to tell from these pics, but it looks to have the right basic engine, but, as Smitty pointed out, it has what looks like the wrong muffler. The air cleaner was originally an oil bath. It should have a plain rope recoil on it instead of the wind up. The main concern is that he says the gas tank is gone. This tank cannot be pulled off without removing three of the head bolts. That means the engine has likely been sitting for years with half of the head bolts gone and the other half tight. So the head is probably warped. The throttle controls are also gone. As are some of the screws that hold the shrouds on it, some originals have been replaced.

I have one of these that I bought for under $200. After it sat for over 35 years I cleaned the points and it fired right up! They do a very good job, but as the seller said they are hard to back up. When I have run mine behind my 702 I had to ride the brake to keep it from pushing the tractor. There was a speed reducer available to be used with these that eliminates that problem. The bearings in the bottom of the drive shaft let go on mine so it is currently apart waiting for a fix.

I think if he is starting bids at $99 with a higher reserve he's not being realistic.

84 400

Cool thanks for the info. I am not looking for one just happened upon it. I sure hate it when things are missing like that. I would rather start with a rusty complete attachment then one missing parts. Hope it finds a good home for e less money!