608KEB

420 LSE

AMC RULES
You better first...      :ph34r:
disable any cup holder then. 
  • Like 1

muz123

Good choice! I would not let it sit, i would use it too.

• Like 3

mikekot3

Could you tell me more about the fancy seat on the 420 tractor with the folding arm rests? Flip up the seat and look for a label. It may say Michigan seat and or something like that and a part number.
Thank you,
mike

608KEB

Could you tell me more about the fancy seat on the 420 tractor with the folding arm rests? Flip up the seat and look for a label. It may say Michigan seat and or something like that and a part number.
Thank you,
mike

It does say Michigan seat. But I don't see any others labels.

You better first...      
disable any cup holder then. 

I was thinking about getting a chrome cup holder.:sad-bored:

• Like 2

mikekot3

On the Michigan seat label there are some numbers for the model of seat please read them and give them to me.

Brrly1

I thought he said there were No numbers!!! That's what I just read an you come back demanding #'s Huh, what's up with that??? Must be the change in season!

wh500special

Michigan Seat might have had a part number for this seat, but it was special made for Wheel Horse.  It reportedly cost $700 back in 1986 to have it made.  It put the "special" in LSE.

Steve

608KEB

On the Michigan seat label there are some numbers for the model of seat please read them and give them to me.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Michigan seat co.054992G

mikekot3

Thank you 608KEB for finding that out for me I appreciate that.

608KEB

Has anybody here tried to get the armrest level again?

IMG_20151028_212549_729.jpg

whfan74

Mine sit the exact same way as yours in the photo.

PaulC

Has anybody here tried to get the armrest level again?

IMG_20151028_212549_729.jpg

Mine sit the exact same way as yours in the photo.

Its probably designed that way to help induce the gangster lean you should have while driving that tricked out pimpmobile around :laughing-rofl:

• Like 5

608KEB

That's  funny...pimp daddy ride. Down low

608KEB

Put a new set of baloney skins on the back! Hopefully get the plaque made in the next few weeks.

IMG_20151127_143431565.jpg

• Like 1

Vinylguy

Club Member Badge for those fortunate few who have joined the Club. 

566dcf4d7335c_420lseclubpic.png.1160abc0

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Looks great. Coming along nicely.

• Like 1

608KEB

I did a little sanding and painting on the side panels. Why is it the powder coated paints lift off the metal after a while. The paint on my 40 year old tractors holds up better than the newer powder coated paint. Merry Christmas to all!!

IMG_20151225_142947545.jpg

IMG_20151225_142940795.jpg

DennisThornton
57 minutes ago, 608KEB said:

I did a little sanding and painting on the side panels. Why is it the powder coated paints lift off the metal after a while. The paint on my 40 year old tractors holds up better than the newer powder coated paint. Merry Christmas to all!!

I'm not a full convert to powder coating.  Seen too many failures.  Seen many paint failures too but I understand them. Someone here made a comment that powder coat was for lookers and paint was for workers, or something like that.  For now I tend to agree.  I have done some powder coating but only used it as a very small test.  I'm curious how others feel so it might be interesting to start another thread, Paint vs Powder Coat.  But for now, Merry Christmas to all as well!

• Like 2

JPWH

I have been researching powder coating and would be interested in what others have experienced as well.

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair
3 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

I'm not a full convert to powder coating.  Seen too many failures.  Seen many paint failures too but I understand them. Someone here made a comment that powder coat was for lookers and paint was for workers, or something like that.  For now I tend to agree.  I have done some powder coating but only used it as a very small test.  I'm curious how others feel so it might be interesting to start another thread, Paint vs Powder Coat.  But for now, Merry Christmas to all as well!

I had a pressure washer that I assume was powder coated, and it was a pain to get it off, paint was much easier. The pressure washer had a wrinkle type finish

• Like 2

Martin
14 hours ago, 608KEB said:

Powder coating gets a bad rap for no fault of its own. there is nothing wrong with the paint itself once you understand how it differs from regular paint. the biggest enemy for powder is sharp edges......

in fact in the industry i work in, powder passes salt spray testing way longer than any of the wet coat industrial paints available today. its all in the preparation. the metal needs to have a 'profile' for proper adhesion and edges need to be slightly rounded. prep is the key here and that goes for any paint.......

Edited by Martin
  • Like 3

608KEB

I'm pretty much finished cleaning the 420LSE. I just have get the gold plate made for the hood. Overall it's in pretty nice shape. I put some new tires on the back. The bottom seat could be redone at some point. I patched one hole as best as I could. I'm very happy overall with her. Can't wait to mow with it!!!

IMG_20160224_134726927_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160224_134739612_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160224_134752685_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160224_134806905.jpg

IMG_20160224_134816476.jpg

IMG_20160224_134843370.jpg

IMG_20160224_134849235.jpg

IMG_20160224_134829736.jpg

IMG_20160224_134855796.jpg

• Like 6

stevebo

Very nice and clean now. It won't stay that way long if you mow with it :ph34r: ... Maybe she could be on pull cart duty instead?

AMC RULES

Tractor looks awesome.  :bow-blue:

• Like 2