Sign in to follow this  
bell

Bell's 853

bell

Well, It's time for another project...

I bought this 633 a couple months ago.

633024.jpg

It came with a JUNK Tecumseh hh120. I spent 2 days trying to make it work to no avail. :hide:

Then, I picked up a decent 855... after a couple hours of cleaning the carb, fuel tank and putting a new battery on it, I had it running PERFECTLY!

I need the hood, dash and some other misc. pieces off of it for my 1045, so I decided to use it as a parts tractor.

Tonight, I plated the transmission mount with some 3/16" flat stock. The bottom 2 holes had cracks running through them, about 2" long.

633032.jpg

633034.jpg

Then, I mounted some SWEET 4.00/4.80-8 ags on some correct WH wheels and put them on... You can see the sacrificial 855 in the background.

633033.jpg

I am going to go ahead and put it together. I'll pull it all back apart at a later date and sand/ paint everything. I have too much on my plate right now and I REALLY need to get the 1045 back together.

More tomorrow!

HorseFixer

Looks good John :D keep up the good work! Did that other tractor sign a sheet to be a donor? :hide: :hide:

bell

Yeah, it did.... Well, I forged it's signature. :hide:

I got it all together and it was pretty uneventful! :hide:

Here she is!

633035.jpg

633036.jpg

633037.jpg

I think this may be my new favorite! It has the stunning good looks of the round hoods.... and LOTS of power! :horseride: :horseride:

I drove it around for about an hour with a smile ear to ear the whole time! :D

BairleaFarm

Looks good. Love those front ags.

bell

I ordered the dual kit on Monday... they came yesterday... Talk about FAST shipping! :D

dualags_005.jpg

Today, I bead blasted the wheels (with the tires still mounted, just BARELY fit in the cabinet!) Took about 1 hour for each wheel...

dualags_001.jpg

dualags_002.jpg

I found Rustoleum "Almond" to be a almost exact match to the linen beige... I primered them with white Rustoleum "stops rust" primer, then the Almond top coat. Came out pretty decent!

dualags_003.jpg

Now, they are drying by the woodstove...

dualags_004.jpg

Tomorrow, I will put them on and hopefully blast/ paint the front wheels. I also need to put a new tube in one of the fronts. Seems I pinched one while installing the front AGs... :hide:

bell

I put on a fresh (perfect keyways) set of hubs and keys.. and mounted them up... I'm pretty happy with them... :hide:

dualags_006.jpg

dualags_007.jpg

dualags_008.jpg

dualags_009.jpg

Brian1045

I was wondering about that same dual kit Jon!

I have the link saved in my ebay. It looks really good man. :hide:

I know I've asked this before, but what are the rim and tire sizes you have on that set up?

Those aren't 7.5" rims are they?

bell

Thanks Brian! It's kinda nice working on them once in a while... Seems like I never have time to work on them, because I'm always hauling them in... :hide::D

I'm not sure of the rim width... but they're not 7.5"... More like 5"

The tires are 6-12

joebob

really nice looking ride Bell, now you have me thinking what to do with one of my roundys