JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Its kinda red..Ingersoll 1988 446

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
Ok. Presenting my new to me 1988 Ingersoll 446.It has the onan B43M engine. I posted pictures the other day in the wanted ads. Looking for wheel weights for this. My mistake. Anyway. Got it home yesterday and here it is. The last picture is a back to back comparison with my 522xi. Enjoy.  
Glenn

20151012_112918.jpg

20151012_113226.jpg

20151012_113153.jpg

20151012_113209.jpg

20151012_113141.jpg

20151012_114335.jpg

20151012_114441.jpg

20151012_113141.jpg

• Like 8

JPWH

Nice looking tractors. That Ingersoll has some big back wheels.

• Like 1

Sparky

I love it! Does it have that "big tractor feel" when your on it? Did you get any attachments with it?
Mike.........

• Like 1

Tim Bergfeld

I want a 4020 with power steering so bad but they are ungodly high when you find them

• Like 1

muz123

Hey isn't your 522xi a new holland with wheel horse decals on it? Just wondering. Nice tractors though!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

nylyon

At one point, Ingersoll was interested in buying Wheel Horse, they are nice tractors

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I love it! Does it have that "big tractor feel" when your on it? Did you get any attachments with it?
Mike.........

hey Mike, I got 2 mule drives and 2 44 inch side discharge decks with it. Dont know why , but I had to try it. Thanks,,,,,,,,
Glenn

Hey isn't your 522xi a new holland with wheel horse decals on it? Just wondering. Nice tractors though!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Dave, you forgot the red paint over the new holland blue. Lol

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 1

muz123

I should just buy a New Holland GT22 and get some wheel horse 522xi attachments for it!  They are very common unlike a ''522xi'' version. LOL

New holland

Edited by muz123

bmsgaffer

I should just buy a New Holland GT22 and get some wheel horse 522xi attachments for it!  They are very common unlike a ''522xi'' version. LOL

New holland

It depends on what part of the country you are in i suppose. New hollands are impossible to find around here, but I do see a few XI's pop up on CL!

I am assuming you were joking, right? New Holland bought the tractors from Toro... I think I missed an inside joke here
:hide:

• Like 2

GlenPettit

I believe I heard that TORO makes many of those smaller tractors for New Holland, just painted blue.
Also, John Deere once made some mower decks for Wheel Horses in the late 60's, to WH spec's and in red.
Glen

• Like 4

Aldon

I like the Looks of the Ingersol's and it seems it's seat height is a tad lower than your XI.

It would be hard to stop myself from buying one of it was Kohler powered:-)

• Like 1

stevebo

I had a 444 without the holding valve. Ask me how I found out..... They were not standard and if your 446 does not have a holding valve then it will freewheel down hills and that is a problem. Does yours have the holding valve? It is about the size of a  cigarette pack under the frame closer to the back of the machine I believe. Either way very nice !

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I like the Looks of the Ingersol's and it seems it's seat height is a tad lower than your XI.

It would be hard to stop myself from buying one of it was Kohler powered:-)

hey Aldon. Yes the seat is lower and dimensions are smaller. Also a few hundred pounds lghter.  I like the way you sit in between the tires. Like the GT 14 I never had a chance to own.  Very heavy. Well built

Glenn

• Like 1

953 nut
:text-coolphotos:           The Case/Ingersol has 16" rear tires and stands a bit taller than the GT-14, parked mine next to one just to see; wish I took a picture.
  • Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I had a 444 without the holding valve. Ask me how I found out..... They were not standard and if your 446 does not have a holding valve then it will freewheel down hills and that is a problem. Does yours have the holding valve? It is about the size of a  cigarette pack under the frame closer to the back of the machine I believe. Either way very nice !

hey Steve, yes, It has the holding valve. I made sure to get one that does. I have a 33 ft drop on my very hilly property. wanted me and the kids to be safe. I went up and down those hills all day playing test pilot. You must be in low gear to. Marches right up those steep inclines to.

glenn

shallowwatersailor

Looks really nice, Glenn. Don't wear it out going up and down the hill on me. :ychain:

• Like 1

muz123

New holland

It depends on what part of the country you are in i suppose. New hollands are impossible to find around here, but I do see a few XI's pop up on CL!

I am assuming you were joking, right? New Holland bought the tractors from Toro... I think I missed an inside joke here

I never knew that TORO made the tractors and New Holland bought them and painted them blue? Correct me if I'm wrong. 
dave

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

Yep, well mostly. New Holland contracted with Toro to buy blue versions of their 518xi (GT18), 520lxi (GT20), 520xi (GT20A), and 522xi (GT22/GT22A, not sure what the differences there were)

If you check out tractor data for those models, it will say "Manufacturer: Toro" I am assuming toro probably built them and painted them and just sold them directly like that.

The models and accessories are identical except for the paint and stickers... So if you can find New Hollands cheaper, then you have a Horse of a Different Color! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

GlenPettit

When TORO started building those New Holland tractors, probably 7-8 years ago, the blue paint sometimes chipped/flaked off some of the engine area parts and you could see the WH red paint under them (TORO must have been using up old inventory).  Their 48" mower deck was extremely heavy-duty and probably weighed 400#, and the hanger hardware was identical to our Wheel Horses.  The NH tractors have a much more unique design now, but in '07 they sure looked like our Wheel Horses, only blue.

• Like 1

JPWH

Good information. I'll have to remember that if I grow into the big boy tractors.

• Like 1

JackC

Glenn,
Both of those look MINT.
Finding and buying MINT is a great approach you have.
By the time you convert a non MINT into a MINT you are likely to be out a lot more time and money anyway.
If I could have only one or those it would have to be the sleeker looking to me xi hands down.
Thanks for the comparison.  
JackC