jimkemp

My 656 resto mod project

jimkemp

I got to take the tractor outside today so I could take a picture of it in the sun and not in the shop where it looks orange , So see guys it is red and not that funny looking colorDSC02278.thumb.JPG.0727fe440f13ba876a968

• Like 6

Wishin4a416

Man that thing looks nice Jim! Doing a great job.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

That really looks nice:bow-blue:. The sun light does bring out the red.

• Like 3

Phil854

Super job!!!!

• Like 2

jimkemp

Fuel line and choke cable is done , just need to paint the choke braketDSC02283.thumb.JPG.34e54fd097830a614e255

• Like 5

Pullstart

looks like it's ready for a ride about now!

jimkemp

Its getting close , just a few more little items to take care of and its ready , I cant wait

• Like 2

jrandyg

Thanks for posting the pics. Looking good. Really helps the winter blues when it's too cold to work in the garage. Can you talk more about your possible plans for the aftermarket carb. I got it running and reasonably tuned before I started the refurbish. I too have a 656 with the HH-60 and have already had concerns about power just tooling around the yard. I haven't even ran the mower deck yet.

Any input would be great.

Randy

p.s. soo soo jealous of your space and prep table!!

• Like 1

jimkemp
10 hours ago, jrandyg said:

Thanks for posting the pics. Looking good. Really helps the winter blues when it's too cold to work in the garage. Can you talk more about your possible plans for the aftermarket carb. I got it running and reasonably tuned before I started the refurbish. I too have a 656 with the HH-60 and have already had concerns about power just tooling around the yard. I haven't even ran the mower deck yet.

Any input would be great.

Randy

p.s. soo soo jealous of your space and prep table!!

Well I am very lucky to have the shop I do , its not that big but it is heated with an oil furnace that is installed on the 2nd floor of the building , if its not 70 in the shop I cant work on anything , as far as the carb my son and I spent 12 years racing go karts and race cars so my thought is that if the motor doesn't have enough power I am going to make a intake manifold and mount a Tillison carb with a built in fuel pump , these carbs can be found used for around $100 , new they run $300 and up , there are some intakes out there but I am not sure if there is one for an hh60 motor, mine has the Kohler K91 and I know that I will have to make the intake and do away with the governor , every easy carb to work with and will make lots of power on a small motor , If I do go with that carb I will make sure I post a thread about it at that time

• Like 2

jimkemp

you got to love these decals from redo your horseDSC02281.thumb.JPG.b3d9e9c98c4aa38ec2491

• Like 5

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:  Terry helps make our old horses look like new.         :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

jimkemp
21 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:  Terry helps make our old horses look like new.         :handgestures-thumbupright:

Yes he does , the decals that I got from him are the best , I cant wait to do another tractor just so I can get more decals

• Like 2

WHX??

Love your tire selection Jim...don't throw the old ones out tho.

russellmc301

looks orange-red to me is it just the lighting, even in the sun.

what color is it?

Edited by russellmc301

jimkemp

The color is IH red from tractor supply , a lot of it is my camera , it really is red even though it doesn't look it