stevasaurus

GO CUBBIES

stevasaurus

While I am a White Sox fan, I am also a Chicago fan.  So without the White Sox being in contention this year, I am "forced" to root for the Cubs.  This is great for Chicago Land and I would really like to see them go all the way.  Are there any other Cubs fans out there.  I know Kate, from the Tractor Magazine, is a huge St. Louis Cardinal fan...and we will be going at it.  Every time I saw her at the Big Show this year...and at the Portage show in Wisconsin...I would shout "Go Cubbies" at her...and she would give me the Hawaiian peace sign.  Here we go...post your Billy Goat stories.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus

squonk

When's the first home playoff game?  I was going to comment on Jay throwing the first pitch but today is a " Be Nice" Friday! :)

After the Yanks went out (like I knew they would, even predicted they would be shut out) I was pulling for either the Pie- Rites or the Cubbies. Woudn't mind seeing the Royals make it to the series. Just say no to the Rangers and Jays 228109581avatar.thumb.gif.8e4ab786479d96  107109581avatar.thumb.gif.9ef08384d6eaec

• Like 1

dcrage

Oh Steve -- Why did you have to go there -- Almost as bad as talking politics or religion -- Well on second though most Cub fans I know treat rooting for the "little brown bears" just like a religion -- GO BIRDS!

• Like 1

Racinbob

Ummmmmm Steve, I hope you weren't seeing double.:P

Actually I am a Cubs fan. I'll be pulling for them! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

Aldon

I'm a Red Sox fan but have a soft spot for the Cubs and Wrigley Field. 

Not it to mention the curse. Goats and all.

Its time for it to be broken.

Not to mention that while working on testing Railroad track geometry in one of my previous jobs, while working in Chicago area, one of the inspectors pulled in some favors and gave me and my friend Box Seat tickets. Was a great day and experience. 

One of of my better baseball memories.

Only parks that I have experienced that are on par would be old Kominsky, Candlestick before they tore it down and Fenway.

This year I am rooting for Cubbies.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

The Cubs play this afternoon today in St. Louis.  The game moves to Wrigley Field Monday night.  :)  Alden...you are right on about those ball fields being special places to see a game. 
Dave, I would have never taken you for a Cardinals fan.  :ychain:  Let's hope it goes 5 games.  :)  The pitching in this series should remind folks of the old St. Louis vs Detroit World Series in the 60s.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Racinbob

Remember it well Steve.
I was in the 8th grade and a Cardinals fan at the time. My good friend was a Tigers fan. Cards leading 3 games to 1.......I get mouthy cuz I knew they would win out.........oops!:no:

Edited by Racinbob

dcrage

Remember it well Steve.
I was in the 8th grade and a Cardinals fan at the time. My good friend was a Tigers fan. Cards leading 3 games to 1.......I get mouthy cuz I knew they would win out.........oops!:no:

Yeah  Somehow Curt Flood fell down on a fly to center field and Bob Gibson lost his 2nd WS game in 9 decisions. (Mickey Lolich was a better pitcher in the 68 WS than Gibson, who would have thought?)

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I was in High School during those World Series.  I had one of those small transistor radios hidden in the cut out pages of a dictionary and a wire ear phone in my ear...sitting in study hall like I was studying.    :)

• Like 2

squonk

And the teacher sat there marveling and musing, " My oh my! That Steve is really starting to buckle down and taking school seriously!" " I bet he'll be a doctor or lawyer some day" :lol:

In all seriousness, sure are glad you turned out like you did! :):lol:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

No need to insult me with that doctor/lawyer stuff Mike, I can't even put a band-aid on correctly...I use direct pressure.  :ychain:   I knew back then that I was destined to make videos of rebuilding Wheel Horse transmissions on Red Square.  I actually graduated 1st in my class at watching paint dry also...and the competition for that was stiff.  So I have all that going for me.  :)

GO CUBBIES

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

squonk

I knew I was destined to the Horses in school also. I was mowing lawns when all the other guys were playing football and getting all the girls.:hide:

I had two claims to fame in school one baseball related. While on the varsity team we stunk, wen't something like 1-12. The track team was a league champion and challenged us to a softball game. Half the school turned out. We won 23-5. I hit 2 tape-measure homers and almost decapitated their first baseman with a liner right at his forehead! I even told him before the game I was going to do it.! :) Got named MVP :lol:

2nd one was sneaking into the home ec room and cellophane taping the kitchen sprayer lever down so it sprayed whenever someone turned on the sink. :D

• Like 1

stevasaurus
3035939289020005.jpg

You sure we are not related Mike???  :)

im-a-cubs-fan-cartoon.jpg

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

squonk

You know we are!! :)

• Like 1

stevasaurus

HOLY COW...HOW ABOUT A FALSTAFF??  :)

squonk

HOLY COW! is right! :)

stevasaurus

CUBS EVEN THE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

• Like 1

stevasaurus
HEY, HEY...THE CUBS GO UP 2 GAMES TO 1.  :)  SET A MAJOR LEAGUE PLAYOFF RECORD 6 HOME RUNS IN A GAME.  THE WIND WAS REALLY BLOWING OUT LAST NIGHT.

dcrage

So is the wind blowing out again today?? -- If it is it could be another rollicking day at Wrigley

stevasaurus

I think they were like 25 mph and they were out of the West...which blows from home plate to right  field.  Today (right now) the winds are 17 mph out of the NW.  The Bar. Pressure is under 30...so the ball will fly out toward right field, but they will be trying to go foul.  Temperature is 55 F right now.  Ball should fly.  Ohhhh, to have a knuckle ball pitcher like Hoyt Wilhelm or Juan Pizarro.  :)  Game time 3:30 CST.

GO CUBBIES

Wrigley-Field_700.jpg

shallowwatersailor

I'm a White Sox fan as well, but "Go Cubs!" From 2003-2005 I lived five blocks from Wrigley Field. No parking (as usual but worse during the playoffs) with helicopters hovering starting at 6:00 am overhead on game days for their 30 second spots every half hour! But - for love of the game!

• Like 1

Aldon

Another step forward.
image.thumb.jpg.6a1c00d0657b07c85c604f33

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I don't think anybody thought the CUBS would take this series from the CARDINALS in 4 games.  This was an exciting series to watch...excellent baseball.  :)
Chicago is starting to practice celebrating...they still have a long way to go.  :angry-nono:  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Kris-Bryant-Cubs-First-Home-Run.jpg

dcrage

Enjoy the ride Steve -- October baseball is FUN!!!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Dave, you are one of my favorites..I mean that.  Having met you and spent some time...do you think the Cubs can get by the Mets.  I'm thinking screw the Dodgers...OK...I'm going to say it.......
Everyone in America knows that this run by the CUBS would be so special if after they put the Cardinals in their place...you have to do it to the METS.  The CUBS WANT THE METS.   I used to joke that for the Cubs to bet the Cardinals, they would have to loose to the METS...not so this year...GO CUBBIES :)