stevecobb76

hydraulic add on?

stevecobb76

my 1967 wheelhorse 1277 does not have any hydraulics other than the tranny / rear axle.
but on the left side of the hydrodrive pump opposite of the fan, there is some plugs and looks to be some sort of place for hydraulic hoses and what looks to be some sort of  on/off valve shaft thingy???

so does this mean that I can tap into this and add my own hydraulics??? 3 point hitch w/lift? loader?
if yes, please give me loose instructions or pictures or google terms to look for so I can start educating myself on this.

and if yes, please point out any online documentation(S) that I might need? psi rating? and so on.

or would I be better off adding my own belt driven pump?
thanks,
Steve.

Edited by stevecobb76

KC9KAS

The "on/off" thingy is called a TOW VALVE. This is turned 90* to release the hydraulic pressure so you can push or tow the tractor.
This lets all fluid by-pass so ALL hydraulics will in-operative.
Yes, you can remove the plugs and install fittings, hoses, control valves and cylinders to lift attachments.
It will not have enough volume to run a loader....That will need is own hydraulic system.
I can't tell you right off the top of my head which plug is pressure and which is the return. Search here or look in the manuals, or someone with more brain capacity will chime in.
Oh, and in case I missed it before, :WRS:

gwest_ca

Back in the day the hydraulic lift was an option

HY-6
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?q=hy-6&type=downloads_file

8-4111
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?q=8-4111&type=downloads_file

8-4112
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?q=8-4112&type=downloads_file

8-4113
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?q=8-4113&type=downloads_file

These may not all apply to the 1277. The transmission pump will power an attachment lift but does not have the volume to power a loader. Loaders use a pto driven pump.

Garry

• Like 1

stevecobb76

thank you thank you thank you....
thank you so much... that was a big help... both of you... thank you.
here is pic.

20151007_074415.jpg

These may not all apply to the 1277. The transmission pump will power an attachment lift but does not have the volume to power a loader. Loaders use a pto driven pump.

is the pto a option?
add on?
bolt on?
hydraulic?

as per loader capacity, I will add a reservoir tank.

bmsgaffer

The loader, if you buy one, will come with a pump to be driven by a belt on the PTO. (By PTO, he is talking about the friction plate PTO on the engine also made to drive a mower deck. THe transmissions do not have 'PTO' other than their very small accessory circuit)

The internal pump does not have the capacity OR the volume OR the power for a loader. The eatons are 1.5gpm @ 700psi and I am certain the sundstrands are similar.  You will need much more flow and power than that for a loader.

stevecobb76

The loader, if you buy one, will come with a pump to be driven by a belt on the PTO. (By PTO, he is talking about the friction plate PTO on the engine also made to drive a mower deck. THe transmissions do not have 'PTO' other than their very small accessory circuit)

The internal pump does not have the capacity OR the volume OR the power for a loader. The eatons are 1.5gpm @ 700psi and I am certain the sundstrands are similar.  You will need much more flow and power than that for a loader.

thank you.
I can not find any local. so I think that if I want one, I will have to build it.
I can weld pretty good so I am going to rob a old gm power steering pump and see what I can do.
I am all over craigslist eyeballing hydraulic parts.
they are not cheap. even for used parts.

• Like 1