7316autohorse

520-H Air filter housing hose connection question..

7316autohorse

I took the air cleaner housing off along with other parts so I could replace the ignition control module and rotor. Started this a while back, got everything back together today and it is running great again but I have one hose from the bottom of the filter housing that I can't remember where it went. I am not having any luck finding where it goes. It is the long hose that comes off the bottom. Any help or better yet a picture would be very appreciated! I tried looking for a diagram or picture but haven't found anything.

Theroundhousernr

Should go to the vacuum gauge under the dash if I understand you correctly...

Edited by Theroundhousernr

Ed Kennell

Vacuum gage.

ericj

actually i believe the hose he is talking about the hose that goes to the filter clogged filter light on the left side of the battery at the dash. it should come from the bottom of the air cleaner base

eric j

7316autohorse

Thank you for the replies. The vacuum gauge is still hooked up. This is only long hose that comes off the bottom of the air cleaner base. It is hooked to a small orifice that is on the inside of the filter element. It has a very small I.D.  I looked on both sides of the battery and behind the dash but still haven't found it. I will look more in the morning.

Theroundhousernr

Ah yes, I think Eric hit the nail on the head

ericj

it's a little black plastic 1 inch square or there about. it has 2 of the small female push on terminals. i don't have any pictures but i know other people have posted pictures of it on here before when this question has come up. a lot of times the nipple it mounts to is broken of and stuck in the hose. the tractor will run fine with out it being hooked up

eric j   

• Like 1

7316autohorse

Ok found it! The nipple is facing away from the motor so it was hard to see. Thank you for the help!

• Like 1

ericj

like i said they often break so make sure there is not a pull on the hose which would break it. i thought that the nipple always faced the motor

eric j