FJ_Russo

Throttle issue with the Onan

FJ_Russo

So I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I have a 1977 D160 with the Onan engine. I can only keep it in full throttle if I hold the throttle lever there otherwise it drops to about half throttle when I let it go. When not running though, it will stay right where I put the lever. Any thoughts guys???

djohn24

Hello, FJ_Russo I was having the same issue on a 416H I recently got. I don't know if your D-160  throttle lever is the same set-up as mine but if it is, I may be able to help. On the inside of your dash, behind the throttle lever. Should be some form of bracket there, where the cable is connected into. And your throttle lever is connected into also. I had rivets on the side of the lever. I took a pair of pliers and crimped real hard. Now, my throttle stays wide open. How this helps!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:
   If it still doesn't stay put,  drill out the rivet and install a bolt and locking nut.  then you can adjust the friction as necessary.

• Like 1

FJ_Russo

I ended up drilling out the rivet and putting in a bolt and lock nut. Works perfectly thank you very much guys!!!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

That's why we get paid the BIG BUCKS.   :ROTF:

• Like 2