stevebo

Good Day Bad Day....

stevebo

I finally was able to pony up and have the proper 340 motor built for my first car (1971 Dodge Dart) that I had wanted for years. I went to see uncle Bo to pick up his dolly to bring the car up to a guy who I did a barter with to swap motors and install new exhaust etc. I then made a few more stops and after my last stop as I walked out to my truck I see some bonehead hit the side of it and decided not to wait around to tell me. Anyway today is bitter sweet. Dragging the car up in a little while to the guy's shop. Don't plan on putting in an insurance claim on this one. Hopefully by Sunday I will be able to pick up my Dart with a nice new 400+ hp 340 installed with new tti exhaust and converter...:auto-car:

Some people have no conscience.....

IMG_1759.JPG

IMG_1764.JPG

IMG_1756.JPG

IMG_1755.JPG

IMG_1317.JPG

• Like 4

AMC RULES
Easy fix...   :wacko:
that'll buff right out. 
  • Like 1

DennisThornton
Easy fix...   :wacko:
that'll buff right out. 

Darn!  I was going to say that!

Seriously!  A lot of that could come out with some proper clamps and direction pulling!  It would still be there just much less visible...

Edited by DennisThornton
second sentence
  • Like 4

AMC RULES
Knowing Stevebo...:handgestures-thumbupright:
probably already fixed. 

stevebo
Knowing Stevebo...:handgestures-thumbupright:
probably already fixed. 

This repair is beyond what I can do... Will need paint and a good bodyman...

Ken B

That really sucks, thankfully it didn't get into the cab corner because that would have sucked double. Why dolly the car to the guy's house?

KC9KAS

The MoPar will be a great machine when finished!
Sorry about the idiot that damaged your truck!

stevebo

That really sucks, thankfully it didn't get into the cab corner because that would have sucked double. Why dolly the car to the guy's house?

Few reasons... 
No reggie

No insurance
Need to dolly it home as I want uncle Joe to be there when we fire it for the first time.... 

Just got back from dropping it off. The guy has a really nice home shop. Restored 69 Camaro, rebuilt 440 sitting on a stand ready to drop in his restored super B as well. Real nice guy and by the looks of what I saw the Dart is in more than capable hands... 

The best part of the deal is that we had to actually push the Dart into his garage as the fuel pump on it was acting up. That will be my last impression of that motor.....:angry-nono:

Edited by stevebo

fireman

Not registered? No insurance? You should know better then that :angry-nono:

truckin88

Bo did the paint crack? if not a a decent PDR guy (that dealers use ) maybe able to pop it out, avoid filler and paint. Good PDR guys are amazing.

If it was a little higher like a ford it never would have made contact....

Edited by truckin88

stevebo

Come on Will..... 

@ Jeff- when you reggie the car you get taxed on it and since I have not driven the car in ages why keep it registered ?? 

Sparky

Come on Will..... 

@ Jeff- when you reggie the car you get taxed on it and since I have not driven the car in ages why keep it registered ?? 

Steve....get Connecticut classic car plates. I have them on my Vette and last year I was taxed just under $16 bucks!

stevebo

Eagle eye missed something... 

Sparky

Eagle eye missed something... 

Oops.....yep....you already got the right plate.
Mike.........

Ken B

Come on Will..... 

I know where you will be sitting for 3 hrs. very soon...

fireman

Bo did the paint crack? if not a a decent PDR guy (that dealers use ) maybe able to pop it out, avoid filler and paint. Good PDR guys are amazing.

If it was a little higher like a ford it never would have made contact....

Now that's funny right there!!!

Like Mike said, taxes on that can't be more then $20 bucks a year. Heck you (and me) must spend more then that at Dunkin Donuts in a week! The insurance is worth keeping on it just incase something happens. If I were you I would get insurance through Hagerty or one 
similar. Your regular insurance is going to pay you book value which is nothing.   I just checked Hagerty and the average value of a 1971 Dodge Dart is like $7000. A regular insurance company would probably give you like $300 if it was totaled!

What the old adage, "an once of prevention" or something like that. Could be "Pay now or pay a whole lot later"

• Like 2

AMC RULES
Yep, part of the reason I recently sold the Javelin...
we were carrying NY registration(with the personalized plates alone is just crazy money), add (classic car) insurance, on a vehicle we barely used...
for the past twenty five years. Really adds up over the long haul, but like Jeff said...you gotta do it just in case the unforseen happens. 
Plus, the added benefit for me was freeing up all the space it once took up.
  :roll:

IMG_2156.thumb.JPG.f0cfe975453d2270fb999

Edited by AMC RULES

squonk

And the Javelin wouldn't fit in the basement or living room! :) :greetings-wavingyellow::greetings-wavingyellow:

AMC RULES
No, not without a Lazy Susan, it wouldn't.   :lol:
  • Like 1

nylyon

Sucks about the truck.  I agree, no use insuring the car if it's not on the road.  Got mine sitting in the garage, no reg, no insurance.  Thinking of putting it back on the road and letting one of the kids drive it, I think they'd enjoy it a lot!

fireman
Yep, part of the reason I recently sold the Javelin...
we were carrying NY registration(with the personalized plates alone is just crazy money), add (classic car) insurance, on a vehicle we barely used...
for the past twenty five years. Really adds up over the long haul, but like Jeff said...you gotta do it just in case the unforseen happens. 
Plus, the added benefit for me was freeing up all the space it once took up.

:roll:

IMG_2156.thumb.JPG.f0cfe975453d2270fb999

So that's where all those tractors are that you couldn't squeeze into your shed! Isn't having a lift the only way to go!

• Like 2