Shynon

Gt 14

Shynon

I have a GT14 I have been working on and off for over a year now. Trans has no power, I will barely move the tractor, three point has no power to lift. I stand on the arms and it will not lift me. It will lift when empty. I have changed out all the O-rings, springs are good, polish the swash plate and slippers. Just did that again last night. Anyone have any ideas? I think I am on the lookout for a complete GT transmission. I have a bunch of gear drive pumps but unsure if they are good. Has anyone swapped this out with any other hydro?

KC9KAS

Make sure the "TOW VALVE" is closed.
I know it will prevent the tractor from moving, but I am not sure if it will cause the lift to NOT move if it is "open".
I don't have time right now, but search "tow valve" on here to see what I am talking about (if you are not familiar with the tow valve.}

My GT-14 3 PT lift will lift the GT back end up off the ground (wheel weights included), but not with my big @$$ on it!

The GT-14 is a good machine in spite of it being a little "different" from other Wheel Horse GT's.

953 nut

The hydro gear from a Raider, Electro and others with the Sunstrand 90-2046 can be used to replace the Pump/motor on the GT-14. You will have to change out the output gear that connects it to the axle portion of the transaxle. I have done this and it is not too bad a job. If you decide to go this rout I will post the tutorial with photos that I posted here at the time. No special tools needed and it only took a couple of hours once the seat and fenders were off.

• Like 1

Shynon

All I need to do is find a good one, all the ones I have are bad, just opened the last one and the springs are broken and the check valve spring was broken and ball floating  :angry-banghead:

953 nut

All I need to do is find a good one, all the ones I have are bad, just opened the last one and the springs are broken and the check valve spring was broken and ball floating  :angry-banghead:

That was the problem I had too, broken acceleration springs and jammed valves since the smaller :wh: don't get abused as much as the GT-14 I was able to find a good donor,

Shynon

Anybody change out a gear drive pump and motor and install a piston pump ?

jeremi3210

Yes, you will have to adapt the hydraulic lines from #5 to #6 orb fittings. Also use the mounting gasket for the piston to piston pump. The pulley might not swap between the two so use the one that came with the new pump. 

Shynon

Do you have pics?

Shynon

I found a used gear drive motor and pump, installed last night and finished this morning. Took her for a test drive BBBRRRRR it was cold, and it seemed to be good to go. It would not move before.  3 point lifted about 200lbs without issue. Now I would like to start making attatchment for my forks.

• Like 5