three50seven

Replacing hydraulic hose on Electro 12

three50seven

I just acquired a nice 1969 Electro 12, and the only thing wrong with it is that it has a leaky hydraulic hose on the top of the transmission. The connector is loose and I figure I will have to replace the whole hose in order to fix it. Any idea where I might find one?

d0eb10eb6d0528ebb5530550b857539e.jpg

445bba837eb6a0c8409769643129ba59.jpg

The one that says "To Transmission Top"

47208af09712c735ff1873154e5b9ecf.jpg

squonk

An OEM hose may be difficult. I had a GT 14 with the same issue.  The hoses use a o-ring thread end on them that aren't very common anymore. I had a tractor repair place get me a the proper o ring thread end to 1/4 flare adapter. Those screwed into the transmission From there they make the hose using either a 90 deg or straight 1/4 flare swivel end which is very common.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Adapters-Fittings/JIC-to-SAE-O-ring/

• Like 1

three50seven

Awesome, thanks for the info and the link!

KC9KAS

The fittings are called ORB (O-ring boss).
A local auto parts store has made several replacement hoses for me. As squonk said, you will have to use the ORB/adapter to get the job completed, but it isn't a big deal, and it works well.

• Like 1

three50seven

Any idea what size JIC fitting I will need? Local ag supply store had the hose and 1/4" fittings, as well as some JIC fittings, but the 1/4" JIC was too small and the 3/8" was too big...

pfrederi

#5 SAE ORB is the fitting size in that goes in the cylinder.  You are not going to find it at TSC.

Some ideas Note Price in ORB#5 Hose end...I have not found a source for swivel elbow SAE5 Hose ends at any price

#5 Elbow.JPG

#5.JPG

1-4inch.JPG

ORB Hose end.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 2

three50seven

Awesome, thank you!!