Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bullington

Lawn Ranger 1963 33R

Michael Bullington

Here is the start of my 33R Lawnranger...

First of all this is not a bad tractor to start with...It had been restored a few years ago, It justs needs a tune up ,,,new decals and paint. (it was an ugly fire red or something off the wall)

I started with the engine...The exhaust valve was not seating, so I got that took care of while the engine was down...new gaskets and paint,,,here we go

Attached Image

post-67-1227459521.jpg

Michael Bullington

after painting engine, put back charging and ignition system, and head. checked out my diodes and looks like they are okay to charge!! Thank goodness!!

Attached Image

post-67-1227459639.jpg

Michael Bullington

Othe side of Engine

Attached Image

post-67-1227460085.jpg

Brian1045

Good looking Engine!

Did you use Regal Red?

Michael Bullington

Hey Brian,

Im using International Red, just because of the price and all my other tractor is done in this color and I like them to match...If I had the money and good painting equiment I would perfer the Toro Red.

But this works good and I like to use my tractors and this paint is really easy to touch up! :hide:

Duff

Looking REALLY good, my man! :hide:

Duff :D :hide:

joebob

looks good , how has the paint been holding out for you

eibbed

Hey Mike,

Looking great! :hide:

Dave

Michael Bullington

Heres some more updates....This is going slow ive been busy working and not playing!! Engine almost done...next pictures will be the finished product of the engine :hide::D

Tecumseh H60-75009 Engine

DSC00154.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

Rollerman

Michael looks like it will make a nice decoration on the table for Christmass dinner... :D

Looks great though...& even has the exhaust brace. :hide:

Michael Bullington

thanks stephen,,

there is a couple of thing I should note:

1.) this is a replacement short block

2.) the oil tube is not correct...Ive got to find another type

3.) I extended the exhaust pipe an extra 1/2 inch to have the muffler heat a little further away from the hood and decals.

4.) I extended the oil pipe an 1/2 longer also to help clear the frame on oil changes.

5.) I have a new carb on the way!

I plan to test run it on the tractor before I strip the tractor down to repaint!

Nothing like a little Tecumseh Ham! :hide:

kpinnc

Looks great Michael!

:hide: :D

TT

I hope it runs as good as it looks! :hide:

Here's the dipstick configuration on my 32E:

32En400013.jpg

My 33R has the same type of "knob" on the dipstick, but it doesn't have the extension tube. (dipstick screws directly into the crankcase cover)

sorekiwi

Looking really nice, Michael.

I guess your 33R is about to become a 33E!

I am fairly sure the dipstick on my H60 is the same as TT"s picture. Its buried in the back of my garage right now, but I can try and dig it out if you want it... I'm unlikely to use it - even if I switched back to a Tecumseh, I'd need another motor anyway, the aluminum worms ate my exhaust port....

Actually, heres a picture of it:

3072_1-1.jpg

Michael Bullington

Hey Mike,

That would be awesome...let me know how much you want for it and ill buy it!!..No hurry it will be months before i get done,,so whenever is great!

Also thanks for letting me know I started this whole thread with the wrong model number :D :imstupid: ...It is a 33E ...when you posted that I was confused:scratchead: until I looked back at my original post. :hide:

Im down to painting the shroud, installing the carb and firing it up...more pics to come!!

Michael Bullington

thanks everyone for the comments and the help with the dip stick tubes....I like the shorter tube like mike has or the one that has no tube....like on TT's 33R ...Not sure what difference Tecumseh had in mind, but the shorter one makes adding alittle oil easier with the hood on! :hide:

I think the black tall tubes where on most of the replacement blocks...Im not sure though what type of tube came on the later model rangers

TT

Here's a LINK to a picture of an L-106 I had a while back. (big enough to see the dipstick) It was 95% original ~ except the muffler, seat and steering wheel, and it did not have a tube on the dipstick.

Michael Bullington

I finally got time and motivated to work on the ranger again,,,Bench tested the engine and tuned it, Runs awesome after the valve job, points plug and a new carb...also spent the day stripping and painting the trans...Now I know why I takes long breaks,...This is hard work...LOL here some pics..

tractors002-1.jpg

tractors001-1.jpg

chamjack

Looking good :thumbs2:

Michael Bullington

More updates

Picture001.jpg

Brian1045

I like the way that Ranger is looking!

I keep telling my kids that I (I mean they) :thumbs: need a Ranger not a 4-wheeler. Sure the ATV may be faster....but an ole WH will turn more heads!

Looking great! ..Keep on it! :thumbs2:

bitten

Its going to look realy sharp.

Michael Bullington

Worked on the ranger some today ...maybe one day i'll get to enjoy this tractor!

the new paint shows brighter when it newly painted,,,about a week or so it will look like the rest of the tractor.. (the tank tower is the new paint)

ranger001.jpg

ranger002.jpg

stevinator

That looks great. :scratchead:

HorseFixer

:scratchead: WoW nice looking ranger Michael, your doing a fantastic job! :hide: