BOB ELLISON

valve c clip

BOB ELLISON

Can someone tell me where this came from, I have a 1974 C160 with a k341 Koehler. I am cleaning and painting it.
I decided to check the valve Clarence and when I took off the cover this c clip was laying inside under valve . I don't think its from the valve lifter or am I wrong???
someone said it looks like it came from the  rotator. I don't know it came off or where it came from.
what would i have to do to fix this ?? and will it hurt  running  without this  c clip ?? I'm just glad I decided to check it.

20150925_112523.jpg

TT

I can't say I recognize that as being anything that I've seen behind the breather. I've never dissected a rotator so I can't say that it's part of one.
It shouldn't be laying in there loose no matter what.

I'll have to see if I can find a rotator and do a little research.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

BOB ELLISON

TT
can I ask you another question ?
I have a bent governor shaft, it did work when I started it up but never noticed it until I
started taken every thing off to clean and paint. I did unscrew the brass nut that it goes through to see if I could
fix it ,not knowing it would not come out and not reading enough first. well I did  put it back in
but it doesn't turn much its tight fit.im afraid to hit it or try to bend it back. by the way I did not bend it
in the first place.

thank you

20150926_160315.jpg

TT

Installing a new cross shaft is probably the correct answer, but making an attempt to straighten the current part would be something I'd try.
Any damage to the ID of the brass bushing/nut will cause oil seepage, so you'll want to be as gentle as possible.
if all else fails, the shaft on the 10 - 16hp K & M series engines can be changed without major disassembly.
You'll need an oil pan gasket, a few long skinny screwdrivers, possibly a telescopic magnet, a good light, and a whole lotta patience.

BOB ELLISON

Thanks TT
I will try to bend it back a little to see if it will stop binding up, it did work and ran ok .  I just hate to
have something bent that's not supposed to be. or maybe ill  just try to start it and
see if it works ok and leave it.  I don't want to pull bottom off engine but I will if need be.
I almost got this tractor back together, SO CLOSE TO BEING DONE

BOB ELLISON

THANK YOU TT
I did bent it a little and it started and seams to run ok.it had me worried but it worked out ok (so far)
now I have to get some hydraulic lines made up 1 has a small leak. 

• Like 2