Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Ever lost something big in your garage?

Nick

I know from posted pictures that most of you have much cleaner garages than I do but have you ever lost something big in a garage?

Thought today would be a good day to try mounting some wheel weights on the xi before the next snow hits. But instead I just spent an hour looking around with a flashlight and still couldnt find four 50 pound wheel weights. If it wasnt cold and raining outside I would have started throwing things outside to look. I'm half temted to say someone stole them last fall but odds are I just walked past them over and over. Oh yea, I also let stray cats in the garage so you have to watch your step while looking around. :D

nylyon

They're on the side by the hose under that old box with the bike on top. :D

Yeah, I searched high and low for things, only to find them (when I don't need them any more) in a place I put it so I wouldn't forget :P

Rollerman

Nick you might want to check with Dennis...I hear he kinda hordes them. :D

Never lost something that big...but have misplaced engine & PTO parts.

I did have a Bolens here in the stable for awhile...glad I lost that.

No cats here though....my horses eat them...well atleast my mighty mac shredder does. :P....kidding

Curmudgeon

A mower deck?

Front axle complete with spindles?

No, NOT everyones garage is cleaner......

perry

Yeah, I searched high and low for things, only to find them in a place I put it so I wouldn't forget :D

yep, that says it all. i think my biggest promblem is something can sit in the same spot for years and then ill move it to a better location and then i can never find it again.

combatmp29r

Nick, Still looking for a 5hp briggs engine for a buddy. Now of course its in the farm shop 40 x 80 that a small elephant could get lost in. Guess thats what happens when you have 30+ years of yeah might need that better find a spot for it. Don't feel bad about the Cats either. I've go tone in the shop here at the house. Now this morning about 530AM when I got home I was sencond thinking that as I contamplated the jokes the neighbors would make when the Ambulance came to take me away from the heart attack I was having when the cat jumped on my back on its way out of the shed because I startled it.

T-Mo

Yeah, I searched high and low for things, only to find them (when I don't need them any more) in a place I put it so I wouldn't forget :D

That is so true. I'm always putting things in places where I know I will find them when I need them. Then, later, when I do need tehm I can't remember where I put them.

Nick

Sun was out today so pulled the tractors out and looked for my weights another hour or so. Still didnt find the weights.. :D Got bored in the end and took some picture so I can start the topic: CRIBS garage addition. :P

mnscruff

no but i always need a part two weeks after i clean out the garge and make junkyard run

Nick

Thats why I hate to clean or at least throw anything good out. I know I had those weights out last time I cleaned. After a while I do have to throw a pile out so there is room to get around in the garage. Kind of funny, or strang, but when I build a project I look at each piece of steel and decide if that project deserves it. :D

TT

My biggest problem I have is when I get a load gathered up and go to the "scrap yard" (it has to be JUNK or it doesn't ever leave here) I end up bringing about a half of a load of "new" stuff back home! :D I know it kind of defeats the purpose of cleaning up, but it also gives me a head-start for the next trip to the scrap yard. :P