Ole

Hello from MN

Ole

Good evening, it's nice to be back with the Red Square forum.  I had a membership many, many years ago under a similar name and I was active in a yahoo group for some time.  I have owned several different Wheel Horse tractors over the years.  The last one I owned and sold about 3 years ago was my 1960 Suburban 550.  That was the last one to go and I miss it.  I was even the proud owner of two signed "Straight from the Horses Mouth" books and I had a Wheel Horse banner flying in my garage for years.  After getting out of the collecting end of it, I came upon a need for another riding mower.  I always wanted a more modern garden tractor so I was lucky to recently buy a 1987 Wheel Horse 414-8 with the original 14 hp Kohler.  The prior owner thought it was a 1984 but after reading a little about this model it didn't start until 1986? 

It has a 42 inch mower deck and a snow thrower attachment.  The engine runs nice and strong and everything is original on it as far as I can tell.  I used to be more familiar with some of the older models but I don't know much about the later models. 

As for me, I'm from MN.  I love to fly, I play guitar, love canoeing in the BWCA, I restore vintage woodworking machines, I wrench on old lawn tractors once in awhile and I'm in the middle of a 1976 Goldwing project.  I've finally got another horse in the stable and am looking forward to reading, learning and fixing up this great machine.  Thanks!!

• Like 4

mikekot3

Welcome Ole !!

Ole

It needs a new seat but overall it's in good shape for its age.

WH414-4.JPG

WH414-1.JPG

WH414-2.JPG

WH414-3.JPG

Here was how my Suburban 550 looked when I sold it. 

WHSuburban550.JPG

• Like 4

Ole

Thanks Mikekot3, it's great to be back!

Shynon
:text-welcomeconfetti:  Back

Sparky

Welcome back!
Good lookin 414!
Mike........

AMC RULES
Good lookin' :wh:'s there Ole...