Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Boat Project!

whfan74

Well like the title says, I came home with yet another project tonight.  Have been wanting to pick up something that I could take the kids fishing with, and I think this just might fit the bill.

1962 Ski Barge with a messed up 25 hp Johnson.  Shouldn't be too tough to find an inexpensive replacement for it around here.  We are literally surrounded by lakes.

Here she is......

image.thumb.jpg.78d25ad7c689db03c0800a42

These next two photos I wanted to share with Stevebo and KenB.  Found these for sale over Labor Day at a huge car auction.  I thought you guys would enjoy seeing them.

image.thumb.jpg.966aa3e8f08673120d1e8088

image.jpg

stevebo

Scott-
Nice boat and those motors are minty!!! Ken keeps telling me I need to find what is called a "row boat motor" like the black evinrude in the picture. 

BTW.... what were you doing at that auction??:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Ken B

Real nice Scott. I'm sure you will land plenty of fish out of that boat. What are the issues with the 25 hp that is on it?
The Row boat motor is supposed to be Battleship grey... They never were black but it is nice..
Steve, you should find a Rowboat motor, I mean c'mon, ya got everything but....:D
Here is how they run...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBtfJ5BZa9I

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 1

whfan74

Steve,  just spending the day looking at some old classics.  Pretty large auction in Auburn, IN hosted by Auctions America. 

Ken, not quite sure on the motor.  The previous owner had the lower unit pulled off.  I do know the splines are worn pretty bad.  We shall see whenever I find some time to look in to it further.

Edited by whfan74

Sparky

Looks like a perfect boat for fishing with the open floor plan!
Mike......

• Like 1

whfan74

Ken,
That old motor looks and sounds great!  What a cool piece of machinery!