glgrumpy

V-twin Vanguards?

glgrumpy
Have a 12.5  290000 series on my Speedex now. It is all running and good, EXCEPT, no exhaust. I bought it at Portland on a wheelhorse and fella had straight pipes mounted, which I could use again, but kinda loud and not my style. Been looking for a used muffler and the wire shield used around them on epay and some sources, but not much out there. I can still buy new and the prices are pretty high, even the used ones I've found are about the same as new. What gives? Anyone have something and or know where to look?  Seems the ones from 12.5 up to 18hp are same, but after that, bigger ones don't fit. I might have a picture of one on older speedex if I can find again to show what is needed. I have parts numbers from my manual too if needed. This is a Horizonal shaft engine. I find more for Vertical engines, but they are entirely diff and have real long tubes on those to get out from under the chassis of most brands.

DSCN0243.JPG

New Speedex Decals 2012-08-08 004.jpg

Don1977

This is what I did to my Vanguard. It's complete open except for the three washers on the end. The first one has a 1" hole and the two outer one are 3/4". It's not quite but it takes the harsh noise out.

SAM_0258.jpg

SAM_0257.jpg