John1957

Wheelhorse 419XT

John1957

All, I am interested in buying a for sale Toro Wheelhorse 419XT.  Does anyone own one of these units?  Are they reliable?  Any historical mechanical issues folks know about?  The unit has approximately 250 hours on it and the asking price is $1,500 which based upon the post is firm.  With only 250 hours on it I would think mechanically it would be in great shape but I have been fooled before!  Thanks much in advance for any advice or comments you can share! John the Rookie...

WHX??

You came to the right place John.... I am sure someone will chime in with your answers...

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

• Like 1

rmaynard

I don't know much about it, but here's what I do know. Back in 2004, it sold for $5499.00. It has a 19hp V-twin Kawasaki engine, and an infinate speed hydrostatic transmission. Unlike many of it's competitors, it had regular bolt on rear wheels. Advertising at the time stated that it could use "classic" attachments. It had some form of tach-a-matic hook up. I'm not sure what you would be using it for, but as a mower it is probably a good unit. As far as ground engaging attachments, I just don't know. Consider what is available for $1500 today and base your decision on that. It's not a Wheel Horse tractor in the classic sense. Toro just put the name "Wheel Horse" on this series for marketing purposes. As far as collectibilty or availabilty of used parts from our group, I think the odds are stacked against you.

• Like 1

John1957
Thanks!!!!!

ezeastside

I have one of these that I owned for about 4 years now. It is true it is not a Wheel Horse Classic but it is one of the most dependable mowers I have.
I don't use it with any ground engaging accessories so I can not comment on how the rear would hold up.
It is fast and turns on a dime compared to my other wheel horse's.
Always starts every spring without fail and mows nicely with its 48" deck.
Its comfortable with a foot pedal Hydro.
The classic plow will fit with the right accessories but I have never mounted it.
Mine has about 600 hours.
I remember others on here have similar models (417xt)

John1957

I would be using this for mowing only so your comment about mowing is reassuring.

Thanks much for the comments as they are very helpful to have when the final purchase decision needs to be made. 

Thanks much!!