semperfi8185

Got A New Horse Monday

RHYNO1976

Semper Fi. I am hopefully buying my first WH on Saturday.  1975 C160... Pretty good shape.. Excited, will need some work...

• Like 5

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

if your happy. im happy. nice ride and best of luck.

lenn

• Like 2

slammer302

I think you did great! i had my eye on that one but it was a little to far away for me 

• Like 2

KC9KAS

Looks good.
We are going to look at a 1974 C-120 this weekend for my step-daughter. Of all the things I tried to show her and get her to do over the years, she has picked up the Wheel Horse fever!!

• Like 3

AMC RULES
Looks like you got a great deal.   :greetings-clapyellow:
  • Like 1

Retired Wrencher
semperfi8185  Looks  like a good worker. Nice finish on the patina. Enjoy the ride. Gary   B....
  • Like 1

Tankman

The '73 Auto is a good Horse! Love the red, it's for the blood we shed. 

On occasion, post a pic of your Stallion at wo....wo.....work!

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

I wonder if you sent in the warranty card, would you be covered for a year? :scratchead:

:text-lol:

Nice looking tractor!

• Like 4

semperfi8185

Thanks all.  I need to give Rick in Troy Mo credit he knows and loves his Wheel Horses.  He sold a 1961 Suburban that he restored earlier this year that I wish I could of bought.  I saw it when I bought my 655 from him and it was looking great.  The 43" SD deck that came with it is a basket case but could be rebuilt but if I can find a good 32" or 42' RD deck I would be a very happy camper.  When I get a deck on it I'll take some pictures of it working.

Semper Fi

• Like 2

slammer302

were having a meet & greet September 19 here in MO you should come we can probably get you hooked up with a deck 

• Like 3

papaglide

That is a nice tractor and you will enjoy it. Sounds like you bought it from a good egg! It's nice to know that there are honest people still out there.

• Like 3

Wheel-N-It
You should get many years of use out of that one!
  • Like 1

semperfi8185

I was so eager to work it today hooked up to a dethatcher and dragged my yard thoroughly today.  Maybe to thoroughly but I had a lot of fun.  tt ran great and it's a beast.  So happy.  

• Like 1

AMC RULES
Hey Semper...      :handgestures-salute:
we like :wh: working picts too. 
  • Like 2

semperfi8185

Straightened a bent fence post this morning.  With the engine at fast idle the tractor didn't even notice.  Think I'll be pulling shrubs soon.

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

• Like 6

WHX??

Nice.....Little red on that service motor and no one would be the wiser

I think you did great! i had my eye on that one but it was a little to far away for me

No such thing as too far away slammer if you plan a fishin trip to that area, tell your wife you are gonna take her shopping....just don't say what for....works for me cept then I have to take her shopping for real and that usually ends up costing more than the horse!

Edited by WHX5
add
  • Like 3

semperfi8185

Can't find a model number list and was wondering if someone could tell me any information from the model number and serial number.
Model 10475  8
Serial  937822

Thanks
Greg

953 nut

It was in "Downloads" under Misc. ; I use mine quite often as a reference to keep myself and others honest!
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/2196-chart-wheel-horse-master-model-list-12-pagespdf/
Hope this is what you were looking for.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1

953 nut

Seems Brandon agrees with me!

• Like 2

bmsgaffer
:text-yeahthat: I think you fixed your link while I was finding it... :laughing-rofl:  Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 2

semperfi8185

Thanks for the links!

According to the list the model # for my 655 is 5049.  Same as 605 and 805.  The model number on the ID plate is "T      655", SN# 115768.Is there a secret decoder ring needed to interpret the model and serial numbers?

gwest_ca

5049 is the transmission model number.

Back in the day the T was likely to distinguish between tractors and attachments. They tried a different system prior to this and it only lasted a year. The recognized model name or number is just 655. Later the tractors got a model name and a model number.

The serial numbers were never published. Later on they added a build date and after recording serial numbers that have shown up have learned that the date is the day they scheduled a batch of serials to be produced. Must have been quite a chore to determine if they had the parts to build a certain model. Then add attachments to the mix all without the aid of computers.

Garry

• Like 1