WHX??

New Suburban

Molon_Labe

Very nice ! Complete with belt guard and heat shield is rarity. Are you going to restore or keep as is? Either way a great addition to your herd! It's definitely a 1961.

Edited by M_Bailey

AMC RULES
Really nice :wh: score...:teasing-poke:
but that cat food can has to go. 

slammer302

I like you did good 

stevasaurus

Very nice 401.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  What is going on with the foot rests?  :)  

WHX??

Are you talkin the one on the belt guard AMC? If so I don't know why a PO did that..... ther is one on the tranny input as well, least he painted them! Worse tho is they are mounted by ears in cut in the can with holes in the belt guard. Yikes drilling holes in that belt guard???:jaw: I think they are tuna cans!

WHX??

They were just loose Steve ... didn't have/take time to tighten yet. Got bumped around in transit.

Don't know fer sure what to do with it, OEM paint is just too cherry to take off, I think anyway. Shynon would kill me if painted this one.  Going to clean it up and do a few things that are not real kosher and use it for light chores around the ranch thats for sure. Pull tubs, cultivate the aspargus patch, stuff like that.  Kill switch has issues...thats why its hangin out like that..., steering wheel is wrapped in 30 miles of electrical tape, lose the tuna cans.... fix things like that. This is also got the OEM Clinton motor and I'm finding out with the 400 how hard it is to come by parts for them so have to factor that in.

Major says the only ones that were called Suburbans were the "60's models so is it wrong to call this one???

Edited by WHX5
  • Like 1

Molon_Labe

They were just loose Steve ... didn't have/take time to tighten yet. Got bumped around in transit.

Don't know fer sure what to do with it, OEM paint is just too cherry to take off, I think anyway. Shynon would kill me if painted this one.  Going to clean it up and do a few things that are not real kosher and use it for light chores around the ranch thats for sure. Pull tubs, cultivate the aspargus patch, stuff like that.  Kill switch has issues...thats why its hangin out like that..., steering wheel is wrapped in 30 miles of electrical tape, lose the tuna cans.... fix things like that. This is also got the OEM Clinton motor and I'm finding out with the 400 how hard it is to come by parts for them so have to factor that in.

Major says the only ones that were called Suburbans were the "60's models so is it wrong to call this one???

The 1960 was the only one badged Suburban. If you think about it, Bolens and Sears to name a couple also called their tractors Suburbans at the same time. My guess is to avoid confusion with other brands, they dropped the badge. That is only speculation.

• Like 2

Shynon

Very nice:greetings-clappingyellow:

cdsl810

N:handgestures-thumbupright:CE  :wh:

muz123

Love it! Looks to be all original.

Racinbob

Jim, whether that Clinton was factory installed, swapped by a dealer or by an earlier owner it doesn't matter. That's one nice tractor. As I've said many times, there's just some things nobody will ever know for certain. Personally, I would put the right footrests on, fix the cat food/tuna cans and enjoy. I read the brochure better and fenders weren't standard on all 61's as I said, just the 'larger' models. Since the 401 was the smallest they must have been an option. :)

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

DennisThornton

Seems I'm never going to get tired of looking at these tractors!  Something especially neat about the Round Hoods!

maxed500

I wish the rear turf tires that looked like that were still available, well at least my web searching hasn't found any. 

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

nice clean ride. Best of luck with it.

Gle

Joebrew1

That's a good looking WH I say

I get to pick this one up on Monday in place of that one.  Looks kind of rough in the pictures. I will post some better ones when I get it home. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

WHX??

That money must have been burning a hole in your pocket Joe. Gotta love the sickle bar tho!:handgestures-thumbupright: Please :banana-gotpics:

Put this recoil on it for now, starts 2nd pull cold & always first pull when warm. Compression is real strong!

Rode the fence lines and fed deer with it last nite!:)

20150908_195828.jpg

@Racinbob

What was the name of the product that you used to smooth out  the steering wheel cracks Bob, going to pick some up when I get to the big city.

20150908_200059.jpg

Gotta love the ingenuity here

20150908_195848.jpg

20150908_195855.jpg

Wish all trannys were this easy to ID

20150908_195919.jpg

• Like 3

WHX??

If anybody has knowlege of someone with the under seat box & fenders I would be interested.  The box I can make but the fenders? .... not without an english wheel. Also Bob you mentioned the correct foot rests, should they be like the ones on your Sub???

slammer302

their is one on ebay that looks to be in good condition and the price is ok 44$ plus 15$ shipping 

• Like 1

Racinbob

No Jim, Wheel Horse got a little smarter in 61 and put cast foot rests on them instead of the bent diamond plate steel. I tried to load a picture but something isn't working right at the moment. Check out the 61's in the gallery. The diamond plate is pretty flimsy.

I used Bondo brand plastic metal on the steering wheel because I already had it. I don't see why any body filler wouldn't work fine.

• Like 3

scWHhauler

I don't know but is that Harley winking at that Wheel Horse.:ROTF: I wanted to know what a W/H would look like with a V- Twin.:ychain:

WHX??

Very Possible hauler....Chrome Horse likes having Wheel Horses for stable mates! :lol:

Don't give anybody around here ideas about the v twin in a WH!

WHX??

The 401 getting used to the new driveway & the Mrs learning how to ride it!

20150914_182407.jpg

20150914_182334.jpg

20150914_182348.jpg

Oversized son feeding deer on an undersized tractor!

20150913_090102.jpg

• Like 2