Sign in to follow this  
WheelHorse_of_course

Snow blower shroud adjust cable

WheelHorse_of_course

:D :omg:

Well we are supposed to have 5-8 inches of snow over the next 24 hours or so. Hard to say because these lake effect snow storms are hard to predict.

Anyway, I decided I had better take the mower deck off the Charger and put the blower (singl estage) on. This will be the first winter that the Charger has both a working engine and the front hitch, so consequently this will be the debut of the snow blower.

I checked things out this summer and all looked and ran good though the ejection shroud cable needed to be reconnected (or so I thought) and I never got around to it. :imstupid:

I do not have a model number for this blower, but it is nearly identical to the 6-6212 for which I have a manual.

So, I looked at it more closely and determined the cable will need to be replaced :omg:. Furthermore I discovered that this blower has a different "crank" assembly from the 6-6212.

The 6-6212 has a crank with a uniform diameter and two holes. This keep the two areas of winding separate. I really don't know if my blower is newer or older than the 6-6212.

My shaft has a drum-like piece that the cable winds onto. This piece is attached to the main shaft with a split pin.

I have several questions:

1) Does anyone have a partslist and "Cable Wrapping Instructions" for my type of blower?

2) Is the cable supposed to pass through the split pin or does this style simply rely on tension?

3) Does anyone have experience with both styles? I think the smaller diameter of the non-drum style should make it easier to turn and the separation of the two windings by having two holes.

It looks like I could easily convert from the drum to the non-drum style, but I don't know if I should!