nylyon

This topic is now unlocked.  The double posting issue has been resolved (hopefully permanently)

• Like 4

C-101plowerpower

whohoow

whohoow

just kidding

• Like 7

Shynon

Had a chance to do a little painting on Monday

IMG_5698.JPG

IMG_5699.JPG

IMG_5700.JPG

IMG_5701.JPG

• Like 6

JPWH

Looking real good. Spray gun or rattle can ? That's the part I'm dreading. I am not a good painter.

• Like 1

Shynon
10 hours ago, Hank01 said:

Looking real good. Spray gun or rattle can ? That's the part I'm dreading. I am not a good painter.

Harbor freight HVLP gun, Sherwin Williams Sher Kem IH Red

• Like 3

jeremi3210

Looks good Tom, can't wait to see the finished product.  

• Like 1

RedRanger

Amazing how well garage door tracks work as paint racks.  I just hate the over spray on everything.

122.thumb.jpg.23d49eaa62676d69f970652646

• Like 3

Bach-Ed

I used to get overspray everywhere.  But I saw online at one of my wood working sites a simple solution.  A cheap spray booth.  I got some 4 mil plastic and 8 pieces of 2 x 2.  Cut a notch in the 2 x 2s at the center, about an inch wide and 1/2 deep.  Staple plastic (on the notched side) to four of the 2 x 2 and attach notched side up to your ceiling.  You can use a piece of wire laid in the notch but better is a velcro strip to secure the plastic when you roll it up.  On  the bottom cut the plastic to length (a little longer than the distance to the floor.) and staple the other 2 x 2s.  This weighs the plastic down and when done with the spraying use these to roll up the plastic.  When not in use it's up against the ceiling.  USE a respirator! the stuff can get thick in there or ventilate it.  Oh and if there is a garage door opener be sure to un plug it, if someone comes home unexpectedlyyou don't want to find out what will happen.

• Like 3

RedRanger
2 hours ago, Bach-Ed said:

I used to get overspray everywhere.  But I saw online at one of my wood working sites a simple solution.  A cheap spray booth.  I got some 4 mil plastic and 8 pieces of 2 x 2.  Cut a notch in the 2 x 2s at the center, about an inch wide and 1/2 deep.  Staple plastic (on the notched side) to four of the 2 x 2 and attach notched side up to your ceiling.  You can use a piece of wire laid in the notch but better is a velcro strip to secure the plastic when you roll it up.  On  the bottom cut the plastic to length (a little longer than the distance to the floor.) and staple the other 2 x 2s.  This weighs the plastic down and when done with the spraying use these to roll up the plastic.  When not in use it's up against the ceiling.  USE a respirator! the stuff can get thick in there or ventilate it.  Oh and if there is a garage door opener be sure to un plug it, if someone comes home unexpectedlyyou don't want to find out what will happen.

I've considered doing just that.  The way my shop is set up, it is just easier at this time to cover everything else with plastic, open the garage door about the height of a box fan and close off around the fan with plywood.  Instant exhaust fan.

Only down side is I ended up with a red driveway in front of that door this time.  If I was spraying more often or my shop was finished, I'd surely build a makeshift booth.

• Like 4

Shynon

Spent some more time working on the 1045, more primer and spot filler for the rust pits, hoping to do some more painting on this week.

IMG_5728.JPG

IMG_5729.JPG

IMG_5730.JPG

• Like 6

Shynon

Little painting done, may start some assembly soon.

IMG_5750.JPG

IMG_5751.JPG

IMG_5752.JPG

IMG_5753.JPG

IMG_5754.JPG

• Like 9

JPWH

Looking real nice!

• Like 3

Mike'sHorseBarn

Looking great! I'm getting excited to see it finished!!

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:     Always love to see fresh red paint.     :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Phil854

Looks Great !!!

• Like 1

rjg854

looking real nice!

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

Love the stainless hardware, always a nice touch!

• Like 2

dclarke

Looks good, Tom! Keep the pics coming.

• Like 1

WHX??

Lookin way better than when it started. Where do you get your SS hardware from Tom?

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Looking great Tom!

• Like 1

Shynon
4 hours ago, WHX6 said:

Lookin way better than when it started. Where do you get your SS hardware from Tom?

Menards

WHX??

I was afraid you was gonna say that! I was hoping you were gonna tell me you had some great online place that has excellent selection,good quality, low price & fast & free shipping...then I woke up from the dream...:lol:

• Like 2

RedRanger
1 hour ago, WHX6 said:

I was afraid you was gonna say that! I was hoping you were gonna tell me you had some great online place that has excellent selection,good quality, low price & fast & free shipping...then I woke up from the dream...:lol:

My local Ace tells me I should just buy the store.  I've started buying by the box instead of individual bolts.

Think my next purchase might be here....

https://www.boltdepot.com/Catalog.aspx

• Like 2

WHX??

So I goes to the checkout at Ace and the gal says "my that's an expensive little bag of bolts you have there".....:hide:

• Like 2