JAinVA

Kohler

JAinVA

Hey folks,
        I am thinking about a future project and was wondering what is the smallest(least horsepower) electric start Kohler K series engine with a 1 1/8" crank shaft produced?It might seem like an odd question but I like my Kohlers  and don't want to sleeve the crank for my project.Thanks in advance.JAinVA

slammer302

This a good question if i had to guess it would k161 i don't think they offered a k91 with the larger crank but i could be wrong

DennisThornton

I'm guessing that you will have an answer in no time but not from me!  So just in case:

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kohler_Engine_Club/

Some sharp gents!

But don't be mysterious about your project.  What are you doing?  Why the smallest Kohler?  Unless you are working on something really big that needs a patent and if that is the case, what are you doing?  :unsure:

• Like 1

JAinVA

Thanks for the answers so far.I didn't mean to be mysterious about the project.I use an Agrifab leaf vac behind a Wheel Horse to gather leaves.I modified this vac to
shred the leaves and I use the mulch in the garden.I am getting to a stage in life where I need to think about doing things different(getting older) and I was thinking
electric start.The impeller on the vac will have to be modified to use a straight shaft and will only clean up at 1 1/8".As stated I can sleeve a 1" shaft but would rather not
as I feel that a 25 lb impeller mounted to the engine could be less than optimal.JAinVA   Jim

Racinbob

A Kohler crankshaft reference manual in in the downloads section here. :)

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

JAinVA

Racinbob,
        Thanks for the info.Makes me feel dumb for not checking there first.Looks like the 10 horse is the smallest.I may have to sleeve something lighter.JAinVA

• Like 1

Racinbob

You're welcome. Don't feel bad. I still forget to look here at times. Notice my post was edited? I've had that manual for quite a while and got it elsewhere. I started to send you that link or offering to email it to you then I realized it's probably here. :hide: