rracioppi

Which deck do I need

rracioppi

I have a 78 or 79 not sure C 121 8 speed, I want to get a mowing deck for it but not sure where to find the specs on which ones fit? If anyone knows what decks fit this model I would appreciate the info.

IMG_1800.JPG

daveoman1966

Virtually ANY of the 36 42 (side or rear disch) or 48" side disch decks with the Tach-o-Matic lift design will work on this machine....without question.  The exception would be decks made for use on tractors with vertical shaft engines.  However, they too can be easily adapted to fit...very easy.   The over-size 60" deck will not fit, unless you change the front axle.  Here is an example of the Tach-o-Matic lift design:
The Tach-o-Matic is the LIFT HARDWARE that is bolted to the top of the deck.  It is very easy to mount and remove these and they are of universal design.
You'd also need the MULE DRIVE that attaches to the front of the tractor.
For more info, contact me outside of RS at this email address: (juct clik the link)
daveoman@windstream.net 

42ssd a.jpg

SD42A-4.jpg

br14 (12).jpg

M DRV (7).JPG

Edited by daveoman1966

rracioppi

Thank you Dave, I do have the Mule drive just have not re done it yet..

PaulC

Great look tractor you have there! The deck you attached the link to will not work. You most likely want to look for a 42" side or rear discharge with the attachment setup like shown in Daves pictures. They are pretty common so I would think you could hold out for a short time and get one you could bring home and slide right under the tractor instead of having to try to do modifications to a deck for a different tractor.

Do some searching on the site here and you will find tons of info. Especially like deciding between a rear or side discharge. Good luck!

rracioppi

Thanks Paul appreciate the response