Sign in to follow this  
Retired Wrencher

At Long Last.

Retired Wrencher

Hi Craig and Steve and Mike and ever one else. I am getting this from a R/S member here hopefully he will reply. Well here she is. I think next week I will be getting this 607. For the members who are not familiar about this little tractor I have been looking for over 2 years for this one. I still think it`s because of the recoil start?  I would say very rare. I have only seen 2 and one was a basket case the other 1 had a line on this already. I think most opted for the 657 which is electric start. I seen lots of those and the same for 65/66`s I had a 606 until this spring but still not a 607. So this completes the series for me. From what I under stand it was dealer stock so it has a few Minor issues like decals and the seat which I have.  And the engine is a 7 hp snow blower engine.  I will put in the Commando 6 engine and make it look pretty. Sounds like Terry will be getting a phone call soon. This all stared years ago with a 1257 Hence T1257. I will do a complete video of what I will be doing to this tractor. I hope you enjoy the picks.

MY NEW 607#3.png

MY NEW 607#6.png

MY NEW 607#5.png

MY NEW 607#7.png

MY NEW 607#9.png

MY NEW 607#10.png

• Like 8

stevasaurus

Congratulations Gary...she is a beauty...nice a straight.   Is that original paint and did the rims come in that red???   Glad you finally completed your bucket list.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Sparky

That's awesome Gary!! I'm sure the rim color and the hubcaps aren't original but they're cool as heck.
Mike.........

• Like 2

Sprocket

I've got it right now and if I had to name it I'd call it Frustration - the Tecky carb is what's doing it to me - well the whole engine really...

Anyway - the gray caps I got off CL but the chrome caps came with it so those will be leaving when the machine does.  I've been applying RuGlyde once a week or so and it's helping.  The metal looks to be about 3 different colors and there's honest wear on it.  The front bearings are new and I put the wheels on backwards for some reason.  I installed a new brake shoe and had intentions of stickers, etc. but working with Gary on this I know he's gonna get 10x what I would from the project so it will be going to him hopefully next week.

In the meantime I'm looking for a replacement - something in the medium frame or round nose variety, 32"-36" deck due to storage constraints.  I've seen some great machines for sale here but transport from mid-PA to MA looks challenging.  Is there a "train" network to help get machines from one state to another?

I'm glad you guys like the machine, I do too but I think helping Gary complete a set is a good enough reason for me to move it along.

• Like 5

Retired Wrencher

Congratulations Gary...she is a beauty...nice a straight.   Is that original paint and did the rims come in that red???   Glad you finally completed your bucket list.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Steve look at the last reply from the P/O.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Sprocket, that is excellent back ground.  I have been helping Gary look for a 607 for most of this year now and they are rare for finding at shows.  Terry M has a 606 that is to die for...he brought it to the LaSueur show last weekend. (pictures of that are in the LaSueur show thread down in shows on the main page).  I'm going to try to put a pic of Terry's horse in here.

DSC05352.JPG

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 6

Retired Wrencher

Sprocket, that is excellent back ground.  I have been helping Gary look for a 607 for most of this year now and they are rare for finding at shows.  Terry M has a 606 that is to die for...he brought it to the LaSueur show last weekend. (pictures of that are in the LaSueur show thread down in shows on the main page).

thanks Steve.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Exceptional piece, If mine I wouldnt touch it. Best of luck and thanks for sharing.

Glenn

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Exceptional piece, If mine I wouldnt touch it. Best of luck and thanks for sharing.

Glenn

Glenn I hear you. But for some reason I have this thing for originality. It will be a fun project.

Sprocket, that is excellent back ground.  I have been helping Gary look for a 607 for most of this year now and they are rare for finding at shows.  Terry M has a 606 that is to die for...he brought it to the LaSueur show last weekend. (pictures of that are in the LaSueur show thread down in shows on the main page).  I'm going to try to put a pic of Terry's horse in here.

DSC05352.JPG

Steve that's a sweet ride. If you remember the one I had last year it was a nice ride. But I am into photography also I found a lens that was big $$ and had to have it. So it was not a 607 so down the road it went.. Thanks for keeping an Eye out. Gary  B..

Thanks for the post;