stevasaurus

Can't wait to see how nice this one will look Jake.  Nice find.  :)

Jake Kuhn

Thanks guys. And I don't know if mine will be that nice but will try my best at it. Denny sure did a nice job on that I love all the chrome pieces he put on it. I may put a set of hl5s on this one and have a back rest I think I will use too.

slammer302

I like the looks of the lights and a back rest would also look good. Your steering wheel looks to be in good condition too!

• Like 1

neil

Good luck with the 701  Jake  , I don't know where you get the time to spend on restoring your tractors , I wished I had a spare hour to tinker with one of mine.

enjoy the restore

dclarke

Looks like you've got a good one to start on, Jake. I'm looking forward to watching you turn this back into a new one. 

• Like 2

AMC RULES
What Jake...  :scratchead:
no RJ's left in Michigan...   :lol:
moving on now to Suburbans, I see.   :greetings-wavingyellow:
  • Like 2

Jake Kuhn

Well I couldn't help it. Project has Begun!

IMG_20150902_200550481_HDR.thumb.jpg.17a

I'm going to just start off by getting it back to a roller frame again and then it may sit for a while or I may build the rest off of there. I have a rebuilt trans sitting here for it already. And I can borrow a set of tires that were going to be used on the 59, because that project is going pretty slow. I may start blasting parts today.

IMG_20150902_200537991.jpg

Edited by Jake Kuhn
  • Like 5

dclarke

I knew it.  :D

I have that same problem, Jake. lol

Pullstart

nice trade for sure!

JPWH

If that's putting a project on hold for a while, I can't wait to see you in a  hurry. Lol

• Like 2

AMC RULES
C'mon now...     :roll:
he did make it one night. 
  • Like 4

prondzy

Very nice jake! My 701 is next on the table just need to get through plowing season first!

Jake Kuhn

Thanks all, and didn't get a lot of time to spend on it today but did get a couple of parts blasted. Hope to get these and the transmission painted sometime next week and hopefully have a couple other parts ready by then too.. Tomorrow hope to dig around and see if I have whats missing of the lift setup think I may have what it needs somewhere. Also will be looking for a nice belt guard if anyone here has one they want to let go of please let me know. Thanks!

DSCN3931.thumb.JPG.63543822029a561eac1fa

Edited by Jake Kuhn
  • Like 8

Lane Ranger

Jake:  That 701  is going to be one of your favorites when you get it done -believe me!   Looking forward to this redo !

• Like 1

JC 1965

I love the 701 tractor. Looks like you're making great progress so far Jake.  I can't wait to see more. Please keep the pics coming and thanks for sharing.   :)

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Dang those parts clean up nice...no wonder why you can't wait to get into it.  :)

• Like 2

Jake Kuhn

Thanks Everyone. Didn't get a chance to work on this yesterday but did spend a little time on it this morning and got a few more parts blasted.

IMG_20150905_113650810.thumb.jpg.6378ef4

• Like 6

DennisThornton

Cabinet or outside pressure blaster?  I had both but moved and they didn't come with me...  I miss 'em...  Pressure blaster would flat remove some rust and pretty quick!  Cabinet was handy but not nearly as powerful.