Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

adding duals

jerrell

:hide: Hey guys, i know we discussed the merits of having the dual tire ring vs the square dual tire attachment. i have ordered some ags for my GT and want to use the tires from it to make duals on the C-175, does any one have the plans to make the ring attachment, it is the big ring that fits between the rims and you bolt the tires rims together.

there was a member on here that made his own and i can't remember his name and cannot find the post.

i need to know the diameter, and the thickness and width of the ring, and any suggestions in making them, am going to have a set made, or would it be better to just take a rim to the shop and have him cut to fit?

Also can you use the wheel weights on the duals? inside or outside? :D

and this has to put added weigh on the hubs are they strong enough to handle the stress?

CasualObserver

Ian made his own... maybe he still has the dimensions of the steel to cut and roll. The width is up to you and however much spacing you want or need showing between the wheels.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1546

or you could get a set made from Norm (a member here) He makes the square ones.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1803

Oh... and personally I wouldn't use weights with them, I think it would make it too easy to tweak an axle... but other guys may have different opinions.

big mike

I like to look of 6-12 duals spaced about a half an inch to an inch apart.I would load the tires or use wheel weights on the inside of the inner rim.If you get too much weight to far out you run the risk of breaking an axle.