Tim Percival

Hi from Hertfordshire

Tim Percival

Hi I'm Tim.

I purchased my c105 about two years ago as a non runner, eBay - I paid £200 for the tractor, a very tired 36 inch deck and a nice little trailer and a really nice rotivator.  

The deck was quite out of shape although un-mollested without any repairs on it.  Unfortunately un-salvageable though, it must of taken a hell of a strike at some stage.

The tractor was in good shape overall, the  plastic rear fender was split but the machine had clearly been garaged and we'll looked after all its life, one owner from new before me...

A little carb cleaning, a new battery, fresh fuel and a squirt of cold start soon had it firing.  The engine has clearly done many hours work and knocks a little, quite smokey until really hot too but it's fine really.

I soon purchased a B series machine as a doner for its fender and cutting deck.  Both of which were easily adapted to fit.  I'll soon be selling what's left of the B series...

My C105 has never use of the low ratio gears, aparantly they went in the 90s according to the guy I bought  it from, I guess that explains the good condition of the rotivator then!

In spring this year I started her up and the gearbox immediately seized..... uh ho I thought.

I opened up the transmission on the workbench and found many bits of the low ratio cog everywhere.  Cleaned it all out and put it back together and she lives on.....  whines a little but functional.  

I will be fully refurbing the machine in time but I want a good transmission first as I'd  like to use that rotivator ( 1st in high is too fast for it).

I have already found this forum invaluable so thought it was time to contribute. ..

20150901_190255.jpg

20150901_190332.jpg

• Like 3

953 nut
:WRS:         Lots of good members from England, you sound like you know your way around the horses pretty well.   :text-welcomeconfetti:  

muz123

welcome to red square!

AMC RULES
Do like them red black hoods...
     :WRS:

Ed Kennell
:text-welcomeconfetti:  TO    :rs: Tim.        Rotavater......Is that the English version of an American rototiller?         :ROTF:   :wwp:
  • Like 1

Tim Percival

The rotavatar is like this one...

mNleIiZi-p4VvJ-F6B6WuHA.jpg

Jparkes43

Hello and welcome to the forum, you will have some fun here! a lot of useful people as-well. I am from England and not to far away from yourself.

nice tractor

james

meadowfield

Hey Tim,

welcome to the group! Have fun...

Edited by meadowfield

Horse46

I always forget this page, :text-welcomeconfetti:

JC 1965

Hello and   :WRS:

neil

Welcome to Resquare Tim.
your tractor looks to be in pretty good shape , I've had a couple of c105s over the last couple of years and they are a good all round tractor..
I think you are the first Brit on here from Hertfordshire. 

callum12

hello and welcome, I'm in Buckinghamshire 

callum :) 

Sparky
:WRS:

I'm a big fan of that year/style tractor!
Make sure you address that rear hub before doing any work with it, looks like it has slid in on the axle.
Mike........