Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bullington

Hood Decals

Michael Bullington

I have a question....The vinylguy has the hood decals listed for the 854 tractor but not for any other models....Are these square hood decals the same on all the round hoods ? or is the 854 just have a different type. :hide:

Brian1045

Have you got a pic of what you need?...I sent him pics of my decals (pretty rough ones at that) and he had whipped up news within a week! TD loves to try something new. :hide:

Vinylguy

I think they are the same decals but am not sure so I have not added those options yet. Any help in this would be appreciated. I will try to find that info in the mean time.

Michael Bullington

Yes I will try to find out also maybe we can figure it out...but If im not mistaken I think its the same for all the round hoods with the front engine...with the exception of the 701

Two more quick questions ,,,does the 854 square labels with the horse head have the off white back ground...Ive seen some of these with the white background,

Do you have a price for the lawn ranger side cover seperate?

thanks

Michael

sorekiwi

Ed Mayhew lists 2 slightly different hood decals for the round hoods, one has a silver outline around the horse head and another around the wheel. The one with the silver line is lthe one he listes for Lawn Rangers, but thats not what I had on mine, so I ordered the "plain" one.

I'm away right now, I'll see if I can find some pictures in the next day or so. Not sue if he has pictures on his website?

sorekiwi

Here are the 2 hood decals Ed Mayhew offers for the Roundhoods:

Hoodemblems.jpg

He lists the one on the left as "Hood Side for 1962 - 1964 models, except Lawn Ranger", and the one on the right as: "Hood Side for 1962 - 1967 Lawn Ranger".

My Ranger had the decal on the left on it (disagreeing with Ed's listing). Here's a pic, the Ranger is in the foreground, the 502 in the background:

Hooddecals.jpg

Nothing like muddying the waters a bit...

Michael Bullington

well Mike, I will say that im confused by that also...Your lawn ranger definately looks right...and when I look in the parts manual the part number for the ranger and the 502 are the same part number :D

I wonder where ed is getting this information,,,I really want the right decal on my tractor :hide:

sorekiwi

well Mike, I will say that im confused by that also...Your lawn ranger definately looks right...and when I look in the parts manual the part number for the ranger and the 502 are the same part number :hide:

I wonder where ed is getting this information,,,I really want the right decal on my tractor :hide:

Yeah, its interesting.

The decals on both tractors look origional, and I dont think the hood has been swapped on my Ranger. So I just ordered the one the same as what was on it.

The WheelHorse Police will be too busy bitching about the Kohler to even notice the decals anyway! :D

Michael Bullington

:hide: :D:hide: :horseplay: :horseplay:

Michael Bullington

Mike surely you and I arent the only people here who own lawn rangers!! :hide:

please check your rangers and let me know which decals it has, I need to place an order

Just the ones who appear somewhat original :D :hide:

Vinylguy

Check these out and see if they may work.

I will put two of each in a package so people can choose which they prefer.

Sorry for the delay in getting this done. Shops been busy this month thank goodness.

roundhooddecals.jpg

Michael Bullington

thanks vinyl guy these are definately the two labels I am trying to figure out...just looking for some help :hide:

CasualObserver

There's also a third one of this part number... like the one on the left, only the

Michael Bullington

thanks Jason...wow i cant believe I cant get an answer to this mystery...I think because this is not in the main wheel horse tractor forum. it doesnt get the people checking all the forums :hide:

I guess you got to be a red square junkie like me and read all the post!! :hide: :D

sorekiwi

I've looked at every picture I could find of Lawn Rangers today, and I havent seen one with the extra border around the horse.

I'd just go for the other one.

And then Jason throws his 2 cents in and adds another variable!! :hide:

joebob

I've looked at every picture I could find of Lawn Rangers today, and I havent seen one with the extra border around the horse.

I'd just go for the other one.

And then Jason throws his 2 cents in and adds another variable!! :D

just went out and looked at my two and they have both styles :hide: but they both have been redone, so I can't help you

Duff

OK, just for laughs, what are the possibilities that the fellows on the assembly line might have run short of one style or the other of these decals and substituted what they had on hand on a few machines to keep things moving along? :omg:

I only offer this because I think I've read in several posts around here that Wheel Horse (to their credit IMHO) would use up different parts and pieces rather than waste them, or introduce new things as they became available even if it meant a few tractors came off the line a little off-spec. :omg:

Now I could see where swapping engines around might have raised some eyebrows, but a decal here and there? :hide:

Just the thoughts of an interested bystander who's still learning about this crazy horse addiction I've got!

....and a wonderful Thanksgiving to all! :hide:

Duff :D

HorseFixer

OK, just for laughs, what are the possibilities that the fellows on the assembly line might have run short of one style or the other of these decals and substituted what they had on hand on a few machines to keep things moving along? :hide:

Duff :D

Duff I think you have a plausible theory :hide:

sorekiwi

Wonder if there's a horse out there that got the last decal of the batch on one side of the hood, and the first one of the different ones on the other?? :hide:

saguaro

I just went out and took some stripper to the hood of my 65 ranger and it has the decal on the left with R in the corner.

100_0352.jpg

sorekiwi

I just went out and took some stripper to the hood of my 65

:D

Oh, I see, I was thinking something else when I read that... :hide:

linen beige

I just went out and took some stripper to the hood

Been there! :hide::D

Or was it took the round hood to some stripper? :hide:

saguaro

You never know it this tiny farm town. :D

All the neibors are a hoot. :hide:

mike_1951

the way I was told the 62-63 rangers had the style with the extra border all others had the other style. :hide: