ronhatch

VALSPAR CLEAR COAT NOT AVAILABLE

ronhatch

Because Valspar doesn't offer a clear coat for their Tractor & Implement spray can paint. has anyone tried using a clear coat from a different company?   If so, what were the steps used for a successful out come?  Thanks. 

Edited by ronhatch

MikesRJ

ronhatch

WOW! At $25.00 a can, it should be good. I was hoping for a more reasonably priced clear coat that wouldn't attack the Valspar paint.

Brian01

$25 a can? WOW! It better spray itself for that price lol

DennisThornton

Wow!  I guess so!  But with a closer look it is rather impressive and perhaps even more costly than first thought!  A 2 component aerosol that must be activated and then used completely.  Single time usage!

Anybody used it enough to suggest how far it will go?  In Wheel Horse talk?  One can do all the sheet metal?  Another for the frame?  Some idea?

MikesRJ

I cover a hood with three coats and a fender pan with two before it ran out. So guessing, about 150 sq. ft. coverage or so per can. YMMV

Edited by MikesRJ
  • Like 1

DennisThornton

Mike, that's not bad.  And I think it would be worth it if it just got one more year out of the paint job!  I'm guessing it might do much better than that!

MikesRJ

You'll get much more than an extra year out of it. Since I store inside a shed and I clean (hose off) at least after every second mowing, I would suspect I'll be dead before it needs repainting again.

Brian01

Chiming in....I just got back from Bumper to Bumper a bit ago...they had valspar clear coat there.