xrayman49

Rite Hite

xrayman49

I have a 1987 310-8 and looking for parts needed to add the rite Hite option for lift bar. I came on my B80 but was an option on the 87 310. I want to put a snow blade on and need this keep the blade off the pavement. Anyone have the kit and instructions?

Edited by xrayman49

elcamino/wheelhorse

I ordered parts direct from Toro a couple of years ago for my 87 310-8 .If I can find the invoice I will send you the part numbers. What part of North Chesterfield . I live on southside near Powhite.

xrayman49

Great! I am one mile off Courthouse Rd down Providence in Loch Braemar. I w a s beginning to think all the Wheel Horses were up North. Who do you use for repairs? 

Xrayman49@verizon.net 

dkg520

I'm living in Powhatan and I am so glad to know other Wheel Horse owners are so close !!  

xrayman49

I bet your wife works at VCU imyn Mamo

dkg520

HaHaHa. Yes you are correct.  I have had a Wheel Horse my entire life.  Currently I have a 1995 520H that I bought new and a 1885 414-8 that I am rebuilding.

xrayman49

Hey Dan, this Laura Dillard husband. I learned to my only potato gun from looking at yours. When we were in the other house I had a B80. I loved it and even with 8hp I cleared our street and hill of snow. Little by little the deck rotted and rusty through. I did not know I show have kept the mower and snow blade. I just got my 310 months ago. It had more issues than I was lead to believe but it is a good mower. I wanted a 520 but was afraid of the Onan engine and lack of parts, I thought if the old 8hp could push snow the 10hp magnum would be ok for my needs. I have had lots of health issues so slow getting it together. I am still looking for a blade for it. I also have a older Troy-Bilt Bolen riders with hydrostatic drive., Feels funny have to shift the WH. I will part out the lift. Do you have to make any holes for it?

David

dkg520

Hi David.  You have a good machine !  I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with your horse.  I have plowed snow with mine for years on pavement and have always set the snow blade on the driveway to scrape it clean.  The only height adjustment I'm familiar with is the height adjustment knob for the mowing deck.  You can still order many parts from Toro and I have had a lot of luck on eBay.   But I get most of my help by word of mouth and this forum.  If you have any questions or just need a extra set of eyes or hands just give me a shout at dkgiardini@gmail.com.

DennisThornton

My limited understanding is that WH left off the deck height adjustment mechanism on the early (at least) "B"s to be a bit more price competitive.  Is that what we are talking about?  If so, wouldn't any pieces missing from the "B"s that are on other WHs work?

xrayman49

My B80 had the adjustment but my 310-8 from 1987 does not.