seven

Electric clutch vs manual

seven

I have a 68 electro 12 with no clutch on it currently. And wondering if I should go with the electric one or covert it over to manual .I heard the electric ones don't always work so good ?

pfrederi

My Electro 12 was converted to a manual at some point in the past. Manual works just fine is cheaper to buy and cheaper to fix...  Also I do not like the sudden almost violent engagement of the electric PTO especially on something like a snowblower

• Like 2

slammer302

their is benefit to having both the manual is cheaper and it is easier to find the electric is convenient and does have a cool factor but is more expensive and a little harder to find. What will your electro 12 be used for?      

• Like 1

seven

I have the garden tiller I want to put on it

slammer302

I would go with what ever you can find the cheapest.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Racinbob

I definitely prefer manual. Like Paul I hate the violent engagement. Tilling is one of the times I really liked the manual. Rather than lifting the tiller at the end of each run I would just disengage it and it would raise out of the ground and pull like a trailer as I turned around. It would have bugged me to operate an electric like that.

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 2

953 nut

If you decide to go the manual PTO route, you will probably need a drive pulley also as the clutch bolts to it.  :twocents-02cents:

• Like 3