RMCIII

Back at it 1 more time!

RMCIII

This thread is not to be looked at a "bragging", but maybe will cause some members, to get off the couch and back in shape. That shape can be anything for running, cycling, walking, cross-fit, whatever - just get off the couch YOU CAN DO IT!
A LONG TIME AGO, 16 years to be exact, I walked away from becoming a professional Bodybuilder. < THAT is a long story why, but it is also a part of my testimony. Regardless why after 16 years I looked at myself 1 day and thought to myself, it's time for a change. I had let my body completely go. I had not seen the inside of a gym for 16 years. That all changed in late April this year. I decided to go at it 1 more time. This time without all the steroids, growth hormones, pain killers, insulin, diuretics, and whatever else was new at that time of my life.
After 4 months here is what the accomplishments are:

• Started with a 36" waist, now down to 34.5" waist
  • Weight was 230lbs. when I started, now I am 240lbs. That is after losing 10lbs right in the first 3 weeks of training and changing my diet.
  • Jacket size varied between a 46 athletic or 48 tall, now it is 50 athletic
  • Arm size was a soft 16.5" bicep, now it is surging to almost 18". When I walked away from bodybuilding I had a 19.5" arm
  • Body fat was almost 13.5%, now it is down to 10%. The best I ever saw when bodybuilding was under 4% and it may have possibly been under 3%.
Still have a ways to go, but feeling like I may be able to see a decently "ripped" physique at the age of 47 without any supplements at all. Just plain ol' dieting and 100% egg white protein powder. I promised myself to wait until 6 months to share any photos so please refrain from asking to "see" until I hit the 6 month mark.

So what can this do for me you ask? Well, I thought it may be a positive way to help encourage others to get up and do something that you enjoy doing to help keep you fit. I like to help others with diet suggestions and meal plans. I can also suggest workout plans if that is your "cup of tea", others may have cross-fit experience they can share with the group to help out. Whatever it is, get up, and get going! YOU ONLY GET TO LIVE ONCE< MAKE IT COUNT!

I will continue to post updates, and I hope others will chime in and do the same thing.

Rob
  • Like 3

82Caddy

Good work getting back to the gym! I'm not a muscular build of a person so weight training doesn't do much for me. I have been cycling 5 miles each way to get to work and it's amazing how I felt when instarted in April to now. It used to take me a solid 28 min (moving time) and I'm down to 17-18min range depending on wind. 

I've enjoyed it so much that I bought a fat tire bike (I'll post photo once I get to a computer) to commute on this winter (weather permitting). 

I found the hardest part was the filrst two weeks. 

• Like 1

RMCIII

Have friends who are avid cyclists. They do between 50 to 60 mile cycle runs. They average 24mph. Flat getting with it when you consider up and down hills.