Joebrew1

Help Identifying year/model WH

AMC RULES
That's interesting because...    :confusion-confused:
the "crease" on this '61 doesn't. 

IMG_2403.thumb.JPG.3056fca8af701627ac67b
  • Like 2

Racinbob

Stop the madness!! :no: Early 61 with a leftover 60 hood punched for 61 controls? Leftover 60 footrests? :ROTF: I see a trunnion at the back end of the clutch rod. That was 61 and not 60. Nice tractor Craig. I certainly understand what you were saying at the show on cleaning them up. Do I recognize that backrest?

Edited by Racinbob

AMC RULES
See, you can't box these things in...
& no, not the same back rest Bob.   
:greetings-wavingyellow:

WHX??

It is madness. ...61 with a solid seat pan??? I though only '60's had a...... never mind....nice tractor any hoo...

• Like 3

stevasaurus

And I can say this with certainty...if that other horse is an 855...it is a 1965 and not a 1966.  Just sayin'   :handgestures-thumbupright:
And that 401 is priceless.  :)

• Like 1

953 nut

And I can say this with certainty...if that other horse is an 855...it is a 1965 and not a 1966.  Just sayin'   :handgestures-thumbupright:
And that 401 is priceless.  :)

Unless someone sneaked in and put 1055 decals on a 1056.....you never know what people will do when your back is turned!  :ROTF:  Regardless, I like them both.

• Like 1

Joebrew1

A lot of good input here. Thanks everyone. The previous owner of my 401 used it in parades. He almost fell over after I bought it and said I was putting it to work. After getting it I found it to nice to use other than pull trailers around the yard. So my search began for another and now another. I havnt had to much time to search this site but I'm sure there are some wheel horse events out there I should come see. I initially found this forum to find a model of my 401 so I could find a price and put on Craigslist. Well after posting it I took it off. This history is fascinating and a good thing there is red square to help out with its members. 

• Like 3

WHX??

Sounds like you caught the bug! :) I didn't have it till I fell into RS, quite by accident,  and caught it from  these clowns here........ I have had WH's for years and never knew there was a secret clan for others that have them too. I just always thought they were just "another" brand of tractor .... who woulda thunk they actually have rouels where they all get together and party and drool over other's tractors..... new 11th commandment, thou shall not covet thy neighbors Wheel Horse.... Wow kinda right up my alley......I even hear tell of gruesome tales of a party in PA somewhere that is the Sturgis of Wheel Horses. (I heard that at noon every day they all have to face South Bend Indiana and pray??) Oh lord what kind of cult did I get myself into.   I cannot confirm nor deny if the going ons there are similar to Sturgis but some year I am gonna find out. ;)

• Like 3

Racinbob
:rolleyes: I'll say it was definitely worth the 1000 mile drive to get there this year. 
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

You get your own coffee cup when you go your 1st time.  After 3 years in a row, you get to wear the RED Bandanna.  After 6 years in a row, you get to wear your favorite NFL team jersey.  :)

2012_06252013WHCC0016_zps0a22f02a.jpg

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 4

AMC RULES
Umm...how old is that pict?   :scratchead:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2