Shaun Liddiard

Shaun

Shaun Liddiard

Hi am having trouble keeping belts from spinning round and jumping off .. Pto to deck ,my deck is all good new bearing etc.. Any helpful suggestions it's a 512 diesel 42in cut .... ..? Shaun

Brian01

Hey Shaun, make sure all your pullys are lineing up and not bend down or up to much, check idler pulley, make sure. It hasn't seized up. Lots of different options on what could be causing it...you are for sure its the right size belt? Not stretched or worn at all?

Mule drive can be a pain sometimes lol...if its not all lineing up good  with the right amount of tension. It'll spin the belt...

Shaun Liddiard

Hey Shaun, make sure all your pullys are lineing up and not bend down or up to much, check idler pulley, make sure. It hasn't seized up. Lots of different options on what could be causing it...you are for sure its the right size belt? Not stretched or worn at all?

Mule drive can be a pain sometimes lol...if its not all lineing up good  with the right amount of tension. It'll spin the belt...

all seems ok, it maybe a belt prob as there are no wheelhorse suppliers in cz so am using a equalivant but the  size is correct , haven't seen a original one for years ... This one is only 13mm wide always thought too small but looking up the spec it appears they are 1/2 inch . I may get one posted from the uk and compare and rule out the ( maybe ) and what is the correct tension I really have no idea as it's normally ok just tightish .... Now I must sound an amateur ...... Shaun 

Ed Kennell

The belt has to be pretty tight.   With one finger 5lb of push on the belt between the PTO and Mule, It should not deflect more than an inch.

Brian01

As far as I know Shaun..almost all WH belts should be a 5/8s belt, not 1/2"... And as I stated if its stretched or anything wrong with it, it'll do all kinds of crazy stuff..

Example: I had a Electro 12, 84" drivebelt...the mower would run fine on level ground..try going up a hill and it would just cut out and die. I thought I was having carb or tranny problems....turned out my drivebelt was stretched to almost 86" ! lol

Also are you sure the belt routing is correct around the mule drive to deck?

The belt has to be pretty tight.   With one finger 5lb of push on the belt between the PTO and Mule, It should not deflect more than an inch.

agreed

can whlvr

pretty sure the mower drive belt is 1/2 inch

Brian01

Yes I may be wrong..the tranny to engine drive belt is 5/8s, mower belt may be 1/2"

• Like 1

Shaun Liddiard

Hi  thanks for advice etc got impatient ask them clever Czechs and they produced a belt off the shelf... Makers name Rubena  Profi ... No's on it  A2480Lw 13x2450 Li A961/2 el L=L.. 140 cz krowns ... In English that is less than £5  so bought two it's just a fraction of genuine one at £30 plus ... I jus put little old lady through hell as so overgrown ... Not a murmur from belt .. Tractor must be turning 30 soon ... And goes to work regular never had any issues with the rest of this great little machine ( I mean zero maintainance) can only remember changing oil last about 10 years ago ... Before you all tell me it's this weekends job !! Will try to attach pics 

Brian01

Pics are always welcome!

Brian01

Pics are always welcome!

Shaun Liddiard
image.thumb.jpg.cd2c40726c975d4be1e9bc28

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg