elliot ness

Building a loader

elliot ness

I picked up a fairly new loader yesterday that has been destroyed by it's previous owner, Bent and broken and gob welded everywhere. But the cylinders, the stainless lines and rubber lines, and controls are in like new condition, So I am going to make a loader fit my 520 H. Should be fun. I will keep you posted on the progress. Now off to the steal warehouse for a load of tubing. If you would like pics of the loader I found email me . I am maxed out on pics on Red Sq. P.S. and I am going to run my 60  in. deck along with the loader.

bean

you can go back and delete some of your older pics, because I'm sure everyone will want to follow along:)

elliot ness

you can go back and delete some of your older pics, because I'm sure everyone will want to follow along:)

I tried, but didn't seem to work.

JackC

That is a project we will want to follow.  Running a 60 inch deck at the same time will add weight but also make for a very strange lawn mowing monster.  I have a Kwik Way loader and the under carriage prevents use of  a deck at the same time.  The mid and front tach-a-matics are used for the loader.   I am sure it can be done somehow but we will be very curious to see how you do it.  I have also seen a set up with a plow blade attachable to the bucket so you can also plow without removing the loader.

• Like 1

elliot ness

That is a project we will want to follow.  Running a 60 inch deck at the same time will add weight but also make for a very strange lawn mowing monster.  I have a Kwik Way loader and the under carriage prevents use of  a deck at the same time.  The mid and front tach-a-matics are used for the loader.   I am sure it can be done somehow but we will be very curious to see how you do it.  I have also seen a set up with a plow blade attachable to the bucket so you can also plow without removing the loader.

This will be my second one with a deck and loader.  Hope pics are coming.

82Caddy

Keep this updated please. I'll be looking into building a loader this winter for my d160 hopefully. 

elliot ness

This will be my second one with a deck and loader.  Hope pics are coming. I run the pump off of the left side of the Kohler and it runs full time, like live hydraulics. the deck mount was place far back of the tack matic as to not effect it. and it works great and the deck also acts a low wt. balancer for stability 

post-13717-0-08029000-1408230898.jpg

post-13717-0-54141500-1408230860.jpg

post-13717-0-54680000-1408230891.jpg

post-13717-0-74917100-1408230834.jpg

post-13717-0-83034800-1408230876.jpg

Here are pics of the new messed loader I found

S3700001.JPG

S3700002.JPG

S3700003.JPG

S3700004.JPG

S3700005.JPG

S3700006.JPG

• Like 3

wrightorchid

Become a supporter, and you won't have to worry about the photo limits.

• Like 6

muz123

sub-compact wheel horse!

• Like 1

elliot ness

Day one, cut up the blue loader and save the brackets and all hydraulic items, done:happy-jumpeveryone:Now done till Saturday.

S3700001.JPG

S3700002.JPG

S3700003.JPG

S3700004.JPG

• Like 1

KC9KAS

I thought maybe you would use the old loader for a pattern for the new loader.

Thanks for the photos....Looking forward to this loader build thread.

elliot ness

Here are 3 pics of a loader I built for a Case 448 for a friend. I hope my next one turns out as well.

S3700003.JPG

S3700001.JPG

S3700002.JPG

• Like 5

muz123

looks brand new!

Digger 66

Become a supporter, and you won't have to worry about the photo limits.

Or open a Photobucket account .

• Like 2

rexman72

great work

elliot ness

Day one, cut up the blue loader and save the brackets and all hydraulic items, done:happy-jumpeveryone:Now done till Saturday.

S3700001.JPG

S3700002.JPG

S3700003.JPG

S3700004.JPG

Day two, went to the steal store and bought 116.00 of iron. and a new combination square for marking angles, it was 69.00, but I will not lend this one out. plus one picture of my old faithful D 160 with power steering off of a 400 JD. It's a real work horse , and strong as a bull. I hope the 520 is as good when I'am finished with this loader. off to the farm store this morning for welding rod and grinding supply's.

S3700001.JPG

S3700002.JPG

S3700003.JPG

S3700004.JPG

shallowwatersailor

Sure would be nice if you became a Supporter. Too bad that you deleted photos that may have had historical value and helped a member in the future. Plus I don't think it's fair that you email someone your photos - and they then post them!  :twocents-02cents:

Edited by shallowwatersailor

82Caddy

There are lots of ways to post photos on the Internet...how he does that is his business. I use Flickr or there is phitobucket, imigur etc that are all free to use. 

Any way you could send me a few photos of the d160 subframe loader mounts and components? I'm looking into building one for my tractor. 

elliot ness

S3700001.JPG

S3700002.JPG

S3700003.JPG

S3700004.JPG

Day two, went to the steal store and bought 116.00 of iron. and a new combination square for marking angles, it was 69.00, but I will not lend this one out. plus one picture of my old faithful D 160 with power steering off of a 400 JD. It's a real work horse , and strong as a bull. I hope the 520 is as good when I'am finished with this loader. off to the farm store this morning for welding rod and grinding supply's.

S3700001.JPG

S3700002.JPG

S3700003.JPG

S3700004.JPG

There are lots of ways to post photos on the Internet...how he does that is his business. I use Flickr or there is phitobucket, imigur etc that are all free to use. 
 Day 3, small amount of work complete, had grinding disc explode and hit lower leg. But leather chaps would have stopped it, now they will be here the 4th. so most work is stopped till then.
Any way you could send me a few photos of the d160 subframe loader mounts and components? I'm looking into building one for my tractor. 

I will do that.

S3700001.JPG

S3700002.JPG

S3700004.JPG

S3700005.JPG

S3700003.JPG

• Like 1

Pullstart

cut off wheel get away from ya!  be careful :unsure:

elliot ness

Day 4, made the cross bracket for under the 520H and put ends on the loader frame. Plus a few other small things.

S3700015.JPG

S3700016.JPG

S3700017.JPG

S3700018.JPG

S3700019.JPG

S3700020.JPG

S3700021.JPG

• Like 1

elliot ness
  • day 5---------------- bracket for under tractor up and almost completed welding to the frame, lots of brackets cut and cleaned up. and I might have to build a bucket, mine is bent and broke in every corner. And yes I made it so I can take the 60 in. deck off or on :happy-jumpeveryone::happy-jumpeveryone:by removing 8 bolts.

S3700001.JPG

S3700002.JPG

S3700003.JPG

S3700004.JPG

S3700005.JPG

S3700006.JPG

• Like 2

mikekot3

very cool !!

muz123

Nice! Cant wait to see it with the 60.

elliot ness

Nice! Cant wait to see it with the 60.

I will put the deck on tomorrow  as to make sure of the fit for the diagonal braces, and the pump, if time . It been fun so fare. much later I am  going to paint the loader red and leave the cylinders black. also tomorrow going to check the oil reservoir for leaks before I fill it with oil.