857 horse

I SAW EXHAUST STACKS FOR SALE AT THE BIG SHOW

DennisThornton

Well? I'll be darned!  Right off they are really nice!  Then great step by step photos for the DIYfer.  Then a price that is too cheap to bother with in the first place!  Bud!  You the man!!  I was all interested in trying to figure out how they are made so I could make my own but now I'd rather you made them!  :rolleyes:

Seriously!  Very nice and most reasonable! 

• Like 1

Aldon

Bud,

i am am not a Face Book person. I have PM'ed you on here.

Very nice looking mufflers!

Aldon

• Like 1

Bud Andrews

Thanks, Dennis , that is a nice compliment, much appreciated !  I try not to be hoggish when I sell something, because I hate to spend a dam fortune on that kind of stuff myself, lol !  I always wanted to find a 1 inch muffler somewhere like these for a Kohler , and no luck, so I thought I'd see if I could cobble up something myself,   the first ones looked like hell, but gradually they improved once I got the hang of it.  If I get flooded with orders,  it will take a couple weeks, sorry 'bout that, and I hate making people wait for their stuff,  but we all have to take care of our other day to day duties, too. 

• Like 4

DennisThornton

You know!  The more time I spend on this site, the more amazed I am!  Too often the more time I spend the less interested I am.  Not here!  There is some unbelievable talent here!  And knowledge!  I owned a body shop for 15 year & I think perhaps I appreciate some things more than some because I might have a better idea of the time and work that went into it!   Now, Bud,  I'm guessing those fenders are stock items, but still the other efforts are really neat!  Now if you made the fenders, well, we gotta talk!

Pretty darned sharp!

JPWH

That is an awesome looking muffler ! Very good quality material and awesome craftsmanship. Old Shep is looking awesome. Please post pictures when complete.  It always makes me happy when I see a product made with pride and craftsmanship.

Edited by Hank01
  • Like 1

Bud Andrews

11118541_941137289253332_1566332425_n.jpg

100_1961.JPG

100_1964.JPG

WP_20141015_006.jpg

Naw, I can't make fenders , Dennis, they are stock from Northern Tool,  but I can bend up belt guards and covers , etc. on my cheapie Harbor Freight metal break.  I made the hood for the "FrankenPanzer" in the bottom picture.  The top picture has the home made belt cover on a tractor that started out as a Commando 8,  I had some round hoods and a couple fuel tanks, so I changed the Commando over to look like a 753 or 854 type tractor.  An English Wheel is still on my wish list, lol.

• Like 7

Aldon

I really like the look of through the hood on the Panzer.

• Like 2

DennisThornton

Bud I've never used an English wheel but would love to.  I have bent and formed panels.

Very nice tractors and very nice work!

857 horse

ITS IT AN ILLUSION ??????   DO I SEE A VERY SHINEY EDGE ON THE PANZER RIMS????

THAT MACHINE JUST LOOKS AMAZING !!!!

• Like 1

DennisThornton

ITS IT AN ILLUSION ??????   DO I SEE A VERY SHINEY EDGE ON THE PANZER RIMS????

THAT MACHINE JUST LOOKS AMAZING !!!!

OMG!  You do!  Good eyes!  Wow!  What is that?  Looks like door edge trim but how would that go on and stay on?  Love this site!  Lot's of talent here!

• Like 2

Bud Andrews

This was his 551 , as found

100_2875.JPG

Edited by Bud Andrews

squonk

How do you get the edges of the trim to line up nice Bud?

DennisThornton

Still more very nice tractors!  And I saw some door edge trim around the fender edges. Nice touch again!  And the chromed exhausts?  Grease caps?  Bullet hub caps on the back?  You got a connection with a plater?

AMC RULES
Is that stainless door edge trim Bud?   :scratchead:

Bud Andrews

This site is not allowing me to load any more pictures,  why is that?  Is there a limit to how many can be posted?  But anyhow,  all the "tricks" are very SIMPLE things anybody can buy anywhere.  A freeze plug will shine up and make a nice center cap in a steering wheel if yours is missing, also , a freeze plug will make a nice gas cap cover ,  the front wheel hub grease caps will shine up and drive on snug to make a nicer than plastic grease cap, a piece of chrome bathroom drainpipe will make a beautiful exhaust pipe heat shield.  A little aluminum flat stock will shine up and really look nice on a hood's grill.  Just simple , ordinary things.  Oh, Walmart sells those nice little headlights for  $18.00 a pair.  Maybe if another thread gets started it will let me post more pictures.  But, the things that I do, anybody can do.  I've shared a lot of these ideas on Facebook and the guys there love 'em.

• Like 4

AMC RULES
You'll get lots more storage space for your picts Bud...
with one of these here. 
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/store/
Makes for a great
:wh: investment...
I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
 :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2

jackhammer

Sure like to see more pictures ,, looking very nice.

DennisThornton

Bud, if you got more pictures like these I'll pay your "Supporter" fee if you will keep uploading and sharing tips!

Psst!  Don't tell anybody 'cause I'll be embarrassed!  I ran into the same problem and never realized what the problem was!  Got to looking around a bit and it seemed anyone can join for free but to hang around and upload lots of picture you have to help out with the bills.  Best deal I've made in a while!

• Like 4

mrc

outstanding looking mufflers!   sent you a pm.  thanks mike in mass.

857 horse

i GOT MY "Bud tractor stacks" (2)  yesterday  ,,,,,i havnt posted pics........I have left for out of town work....
but these things are amazing.......anyone that orders BUDS STACKS will be very happy people....

I will post pics thursday   evening/////
packing was very professional......

Bud thank-you,,,,,,,,,,,   "Bud Stacks"   are it !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

bmsgaffer

Bud, if you got more pictures like these I'll pay your "Supporter" fee if you will keep uploading and sharing tips!

Psst!  Don't tell anybody 'cause I'll be embarrassed!  I ran into the same problem and never realized what the problem was!  Got to looking around a bit and it seemed anyone can join for free but to hang around and upload lots of picture you have to help out with the bills.  Best deal I've made in a while!

ill pitch in for that if bud doesnt feel like hes able. @nylyon can we gift subscriptions?

elcamino/wheelhorse

I am amazed by your talent. Never in a million  years would I even have thought of the things you and your son have done or even thought of the pieces and parts you have used. I bow to the master.

• Like 1