Brian01

Kicking myself in the Rear!

WNYPCRepair

And how are the front ags in the snow? 

Brian01

Couldn't tell ya lol..just got this one from slammer a few days ago, doesn't run.

WNYPCRepair

Couldn't tell ya lol..just got this one from slammer a few days ago, doesn't run.

Oh, sorry, I meant the ones on AMC Rules' tractors. 

Brian01

Ohhh, "smack" wake up Brian lol

Think I may have inhaled to many gas fumes today, working on that seat. :)

• Like 1

AMC RULES
  • Like 4

WNYPCRepair

Nice, looks like they turn well. 

• Like 1

Brian01

It's pretty amazing how well these little things push and go in the snow, especially with such a low hp engine.

• Like 1

Brian01

I've decided to try out the 2x4 spacer u see the seat, got it cut to length and width, holes drilled and a good coat of black paint on....waiting to dry, then we'll see I guess. :)

Under the seat*

• Like 1

Brian01

2x4 Spacer is gonna work out just fine I believe. 

Wheels will eventually have to be sandblasted or replaced but for now, it'll do.

Can't find wnyone around that oens a sandblaster lol...but i will eventually.

IMG_20150830_193503388.jpg

IMG_20150831_143632393.jpg

Brian01

More pics...cant see it in the picrures but the front wheels are "gobby" from old paint and rust pits...I'll get them sandblasted and done right, one day :)

IMG_20150831_160009200.jpg

If I do, I may go back to the original white, cause I'm kinda all about original.

• Like 1

RedRanger

Had one of the fenders hanging out in the yard on a tree limb and the dang thing fell, so I'll have to wait til it completely dries and resand and repaint.

:twocents-02cents:    Saw a rather large fellow on a Suburban a few years back who had raised the seat spring up a few inches and was using one of the larger rectangular seats sitting above the fenders. Looked comfortable.

not a bad idea....I seen somewhere, where a guy had put a large spring under the seat, like a spring off of a bicycle shock..and with him on it had an inch or two of clearance.  Just wanting ideas on what will work and also look desent

Spacers under the original seat spring may be enough, I dunno....just have to experiment with it I guess.

Had one of the fenders hanging out in the yard on a tree limb and the dang thing fell, so I'll have to wait til it completely dries and resand and repaint.

:twocents-02cents:    Saw a rather large fellow on a Suburban a few years back who had raised the seat spring up a few inches and was using one of the larger rectangular seats sitting above the fenders. Looked comfortable.

not a bad idea....I seen somewhere, where a guy had put a large spring under the seat, like a spring off of a bicycle shock..and with him on it had an inch or two of clearance.  Just wanting ideas on what will work and also look desent

Spacers under the original seat spring may be enough, I dunno....just have to experiment with it I guess.

On my 401, I had issues with the seat hitting the fenders due to my 295# ass.  I picked up a hockey puck on Ebay for like $3 and drilled a 1/2 hole in the center.  Raised the seat 1inch and no more rub issues.
Also solid rubber so no scratching paint, very stable, and easily reversible if you decide you don't want it.  All you need is the puck and a one inch longer carriage bolt.

Hockey pucks are 1" x 4" round solid hard rubber.  I believe you could stack 2 of them with no issue if you wanted to.

Brian01

Good, idea....the 2x4 will do for now , but will eventually rot out or split.

Brian01

IMG_20150901_164610181.jpg

• Like 1

Brian01

And before anyone says anything, yes I got paint on the tires...but the sidewall is out of it and going to be replaced anyway.

IMG_20150901_190909853.jpg

IMG_20150901_190920697.jpg

• Like 1

Brian01

Experimenting painting the wheels...whitewall effect...

IMG_20150902_161246469.jpg

• Like 1

Brian01

I think that's the way I'm gonna go when I get some new tires.

Sparky

xperimenting painting the wheels...whitewall effect...

IMG_20150902_161246469.jpg

I like that look. I did it with my 1054  (front and rears) but went with silver instead of white.
Mike........

WH_tires_001.thumb.JPG.604c8b27fb7f0b04b
WH_tires_004.thumb.JPG.bdf5fb67d4457f158

Final pics on the tractor...
1054_final_paint_003.thumb.JPG.cc0c467f2

Mike............

• Like 3

Brian01

Looks good

Brian01

Is that primer or did ya paint them flat black? I kinda like that better than gloss black...gives it kind of a "rat" look.

Sparky

Is that primer or did ya paint them flat black? I kinda like that better than gloss black...gives it kind of a "rat" look.

Semi-gloss I think.
Mike.........

Brian01

Very disappointed with the front one I tried...

IMG_20150903_163040728.jpg

Looks like crap..deffinatly have to redo it...wish I could find someone with a sandblaster. I may leave front wheels a solid color....I dunno 

Maybe solid white front wheels?

Opinions???

AMC RULES
Ever considered setting up an E-tank?  :scratchead: 
  • Like 1

Wheel-N-It
Brian, I use a right angle grinder with a few different types of wire brushes to remove wheel paint. Don't forget to wear your safety glasses as sometimes a bristle will come loose and be thrown off the brush. You don't want one of those things hitting you in the eye.
  • Like 1

squonk

As far as Ag's on the front. Many tires will have embossed on the sidewall the direction they should go.These Carlisle Tru Powers have an arrow and you can see they want them on normally for traction end (Rear) and reversed for rolling (Front) People keep asking me why I have the Ag's reversed on the front and this is why. They work rather well too! :)

Ag_direction_003.thumb.JPG.8a68fc48b0fb3

IMG_0367_zps9b1399e7.thumb.jpg.a8397c46e

• Like 3

Brian01

They don't look as bad as I thought after the paint had dried some....I mean they arent good but not REALLY bad either ...lol

IMG_20150903_183024056.jpg

1441323189261-331729412.jpg

Although, I'm still probably going to redo them...I think I got the paint way to thick., gotta lead hand.   It's doesnt hurt to experiment though I don't guess.

Front wheels are dented and pitted really bad anyways...really need to find a set that are smooth for better results

• Like 1