Brian01

Kicking myself in the Rear!

slammer302

Lane Ranger had a post awhile back about raising the seat up with a piece of steel

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Brian01

Hmm...I done a lot of searching....no luck with the lane ranger post.

Brian01

This white seat will blind ya trying to paint it out in the sun...gonna take several coats, I'm sure...don't want it wearing off quick.

IMG_20150829_134042478_HDR.jpg

And whoever painted the fenders and the seat last night to be kicked...lol...wasn't you was it Barry? Looks like they used a paint brush....real thick runs in it everywhere...didn't think I was ever gonna get it lined out...still isn't gonna be "show material" but it'll suit me just fine.

X out the night....I dunno where that came from lol

Brian01

Well, thank ya...and yeah that's a good idea, tubing, wholes, bolts and wah-lah.

If I don't forget, when I go to putting it back together and sit down n ruin my paint job lol

Brian01

Debating on repainting the frame or leaving "as is"

IMG_20150829_162132477.jpg

IMG_20150829_163510726.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES
I'm kinda partial to the sans fenders and toolbox look myself...
pretty much, get removed the minute they roll off the truck here.    
:greetings-wavingyellow:

IMG_0493.thumb.JPG.5fe3a6d717158c49d7747IMG_2638.thumb.JPG.a4314691da4667e8253b5IMG_2663.thumb.JPG.1ad5a6b48dd19e609440d

• Like 1

Brian01

Here's where I'm at now....

IMG_20150829_192619225.jpg

IMG_0493.thumb.JPG.5fe3a6d717158c49d7747IMG_2638.thumb.JPG.a4314691da4667e8253b5IMG_2663.thumb.JPG.1ad5a6b48dd19e609440d

i love the dual rear wheel look...I may do that some day...as of now though I just need to get a good set of silvertowns, or something like it...both of these are junk, just there to roll it.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It
Looking good, and now once again I'm kicking myself in the rear for not buying my good friends lawn ranger when I had the chance............. :rant2:

AMC RULES
The new paint is looking great.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Brian01

Got a bug and bubbles right in the center of the hood, I'll have to fix...

IMG_20150829_193705313.thumb.jpg.18911fdYou can see it if you zoom in on this pic.  I'm not real worried bout it though...its not like its show room paint job anyway lol

• Like 2

Brian01

Thunder rolls woke me up, god I hope my paint was completely dry....weather man didn't say anything about rain...n I left Rj outside to cure!!

Brian01

Have the seat soaking in a tub of gasoline...have to take it down to bare metal...it turned out like crap..

Think ima go with black seat and wheels.

slammer302

This white seat will blind ya trying to paint it out in the sun...gonna take several coats, I'm sure...don't want it wearing off quick.

IMG_20150829_134042478_HDR.jpg

And whoever painted the fenders and the seat last night to be kicked...lol...wasn't you was it Barry? Looks like they used a paint brush....real thick runs in it everywhere...didn't think I was ever gonna get it lined out...still isn't gonna be "show material" but it'll suit me just fine.

X out the night....I dunno where that came from lol

Not me only thing i did was prime the hood to keep the rust away sense it was such a nice hood didn't want it to go to wast everything else was how i received it

slammer302

I emailed bowtieguy this morning and reminded him that you were in need of sum tires   

Brian01

lol I didn't figure it was you, just messing with ya...the seat is pitted real bad on the center..isn't gonna be perfect...white didn't turn out worth a crap, so I've decided to go with a  black seat..

Oh and iappreciate that...yeah I need tires bad.

slammer302

don't worry about the seat your but will cover it up anyways.Lol

Brian01

Yep, here it is after 1st coat of paint..

IMG_20150830_171258389_HDR.jpg

Thinking ima do the wheels black as well, if they clean up and sand down good enough

Hopefully get it lookin half way decent for the meet n greet.

• Like 1

Brian01

Sit the seat on there with a 2x4 under it....I believe that's the right amount of clearance I'm gonna need...my just use that for now until I can get a piece of tubing. I'll just paint it black or something so its not  "as noticeable". I'll try n get it all mounted up tomorrow n see what happens.

IMG_20150830_193503388.jpg

IMG_20150830_192935197_TOP.jpg

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Here's where I'm at now....

IMG_20150829_192619225.jpg

i love the dual rear wheel look...I may do that some day...as of now though I just need to get a good set of silvertowns, or something like it...both of these are junk, just there to roll it.

You sure you need tires? Maybe a tube would help.  LOL

Looking good so far

Brian01

lol yeah I wish, sides are plum out of both tires.. Thanks, yeah no too shabby

Those dang 6 12 tires are expensive...been watching ebay, but nothing cheap enough yet.

Those dang 6 12 tires are expensive...been watching ebay, but nothing cheap enough yet.

I said that twice already...lol freaking phone !

• Like 1

Brian01

Well after lookin through tons are RJ pictures and only seeing 1 having fenders, I still can't make up my mind on fenders or no fenders lol.

slammer302

if you have them mise well use them  plus the tool box comes in handy

WNYPCRepair

IMG_0493.thumb.JPG.5fe3a6d717158c49d7747IMG_2638.thumb.JPG.a4314691da4667e8253b5

Nice tractors. I can't decide which of these two I like more. I would be curious to see them with the fenders though, I'll have to see if I can find a Google image of one for comparison. What is the box on front of the one on the bottom, a weight?

I kind of like the fenders, because they remind me of the MF and Ford tractors I used as a kid. Back then, those tractors seemed huge, but now I realize they weren't that much bigger than a large WH. I used to ride standing sideways (when I rode passenger), with my butt on the fender and my feet on the tranny. The disadvantage was that I had a tendency to rest my hand on the fender as I looked backward, and those tire lugs will tweak your fingers pretty good if you aren't careful.  :)

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 1

Brian01

Yeah I'm leaving toolbox on regardless. Ill probably leave fenders too, if I can get a spacer made to work and look halfway decent