Brian01

Kicking myself in the Rear!

Brian01

Yes, I sold the only 2 WH tractors I owned....only been a couple days now and already wanting another, or mine back. lol

I believe I'll wait patiently for the right one though. If anyone is interested though I still have a snowthrower and long frame plow for sale...check in classifieds.

whfan74

Hang in there....those two will be a distant memory once you find the "perfect" tractor for you!

Brad GREENWALD

What where they

Brian01

68 electro 12, and a 70 raider 10

I done quite abit of work to the Electro..

IMG_20150810_124521518.jpg

IMG_20150813_105744992_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Brad GREENWALD

Nice

Wheel-N-It

Were those two workers Brian, or were they just ones you used ocasionally?
You'll feel much better about selling those two when you find that perfect one or two that you know are just right for you.
Edited by Wheel-N-It
  • Like 1

AMC RULES
You won't be sorry, once the new :wh: replacements arrive.  :text-woo:

Brian01

Actually only mowed with the electro 12 twice. Basically, I brought them home...took it apart, sanded, painted put it all back together, started it every once in awhile, then sold them lol...only reason being is the rear end and maybe clutch too, are both going bad in my truck, need all the Extra $$ I can get right now, otherwise I would have kept them, along with my snowblower and plow in trying to sell.

Brian01

I'd really like to find a suburban, lawn ranger, or RJ....but wouldn't we all.....lol

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

I'd really like to find a suburban, lawn ranger, or RJ....but wouldn't we all.....lol

Reason I was asking is if you are looking for a good comfortable no-nonsense tractor I was going to recommend a 312-8. Find one of those with low hours and you've got something good.

• Like 3

Brian01

I really like the simpleness and looks of an old tractor, such as lawn ranger or rj with a pull start engine, something simple, yet easily transformed into a "work" horse, from plow attachment, or rear disc, etc.

• Like 1

bowtieguy

What model do you want?...pm me and I'll put it on the trailer when I go to Slammers M&G next month!!

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

I really like the simpleness and looks of an old tractor, such as lawn ranger or rj with a pull start engine, something simple, yet easily transformed into a "work" horse, from plow attachment, or rear disc, etc.

Yes, I like the looks of those models too. They have grown on me over the years here. My personal needs though require Wheel Horses that will run a 48" mowing deck all day without problems. Thats why everything on my list below is 300 and 400 series tractors.

Brian01

I hear ya, I wouldn't mind having 1 of every model. lol

Brian01

Picked up a rear Brinly blade today, even though I don't have a tractor to use it..lol

Couldnt resist

Brian01

Ha-ha...thanks to Slammer302, I have a new tractor.. lol herez a little hint....IMG_20150828_110727872.thumb.jpg.6c05645

• Like 1

953 nut
Judging by the steering wheel I would guess it may be a Round Hood!      :woohoo:  

Brian01

IMG_20150828_115028817.jpg

• Like 3

Brian01

Already took fenders off and started sanding

• Like 1

Brian01

Fenders are now primed and drying...

IMG_20150829_104354101_TOP.jpg

IMG_20150829_095211659.jpg

Brian01

Opinions needed : should I paint the fenders and just leave them off of the tractor, cause my my fat @$$ sits on the seat it rubs both sides real bad...hate to mess up a new paint job. ??

DennisThornton

Man!  You might need some valium!  Hard for me to keep up with you and I'm just reading!

• Like 1

Brian01

Man!  You might need some valium!  Hard for me to keep up with you and I'm just reading!

lol....I don't mess around, when I'm ready to make a horse look good, I jump on it..

Just got the ol seat off, sanded and primed as well

IMG_20150829_125116258.jpg

953 nut
:twocents-02cents:    Saw a rather large fellow on a Suburban a few years back who had raised the seat spring up a few inches and was using one of the larger rectangular seats sitting above the fenders. Looked comfortable.

Brian01

Had one of the fenders hanging out in the yard on a tree limb and the dang thing fell, so I'll have to wait til it completely dries and resand and repaint.

:twocents-02cents:    Saw a rather large fellow on a Suburban a few years back who had raised the seat spring up a few inches and was using one of the larger rectangular seats sitting above the fenders. Looked comfortable.

not a bad idea....I seen somewhere, where a guy had put a large spring under the seat, like a spring off of a bicycle shock..and with him on it had an inch or two of clearance.  Just wanting ideas on what will work and also look desent

Spacers under the original seat spring may be enough, I dunno....just have to experiment with it I guess.