SPINJIM

I SWORE I WOULDN'T BUY ANOTHER ONE, BUT...

SPINJIM

I only went to see the snowblower, but there were these two WH's just begging for me to take them home.   I bought the 1257 for $100, then went back the next day and bought the rest for another $100.   The 12 hp Kohler turns by hand, and has some compression, but might need work.  First I have to fix an electrical connection (or volt regulator).   The Commando 6 'roller' is just for parts, steering wheel & gear for the 1257 and others parts to resell.  The snow blower needs to be soaked in a vat of PB Blaster.   I hope I can get it to work before this winter.   For $200 for everything, I couldn't resist it all.  The PO started to work on them three years ago, but a young family delayed things, and now he's moving to another home.  The 1257 was in the garage, but the others were outdoors for 3 years. Found in Northeast Philadelphia.  Not all "finds" are in barns.

Oh well, I'll just put them in line with my other 5 WH projects.  The 1257 is kind of a neat little tractor.  I may move it ahead of some other projects.

snow blower plus 001.jpg

snow blower plus 002.jpg

snow blower plus 003.jpg

snow blower plus 004.jpg

Edited by SPINJIM
spelling
  • Like 9

stevasaurus

Just so you know...those look better then what I'm driving around.  :)  Nice score.

• Like 4

Thor27

That is a nice haul.

AMC RULES

Congrats on the nice :wh: score there...
your new 1257 looks like the twin to the 1267 I sold the Squonk last year. 
IMG_2511.thumb.JPG.92514a274c83193961a3c

• Like 2

Sparky

Great buy for $200! I would slap a yank start motor on the Commando 6 and some wheel weights and have a blast pushing snow!
Mike.........

• Like 1

squonk

Almost looks like the same guy painted it! :):teasing-poke: Let me know if the hood hit the steering wheel when opening. With that parts tractor there is a somewhat easy fix.:handgestures-thumbupright:

DennisThornton

Great deal!

SPINJIM

Great buy for $200! I would slap a yank start motor on the Commando 6 and some wheel weights and have a blast pushing snow!
Mike.........

Yeh, I might just do that since the plow is already on it.  I have a Tecumseh HH60 from an old snow blower.  It has the 120 volt starter on it that makes it easier to start in cold weather.  I might slap that on the Commando and see how it works.

• Like 1

SPINJIM

Almost looks like the same guy painted it! :):teasing-poke: Let me know if the hood hit the steering wheel when opening. With that parts tractor there is a somewhat easy fix.:handgestures-thumbupright:

The hopod doesn't hit the steering wheel right now, but that's because the hood hinge is broken. Unfortunately, the hood hinge in the Commando is different, so can't switch it.   After I have the hinge welded, I'll see.  Thinking of putting a smaller diameter steering whl on it.  Wish mine had the 8 speed like your 1267, but the trans seems ok.

slammer302

i would throw a seat and HF 212 cc predator motor on that commando 6 and have a good plow tractor

• Like 3

Sparky

i would throw a seat and HF 212 cc predator motor on that commando 6 and have a good plow tractor

My thoughts exactly!
Mike.....

• Like 1

whfan74

I said the exact same thing this past week.  Hard to pass certain deals up.  Great score you made!

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

My thoughts exactly!
Mike.....

Big time DITTO here too. I thought the very same thing as soon as my eyes landed on the little Commando 6.

• Like 1

jimt1971

Jim I offered him 50 for the blower. Good Luck with those.

Pullstart

amazing deal! 

SPINJIM

Jim I offered him 50 for the blower. Good Luck with those.

Hi Jim T

The blower is a real gamble.  It's pretty well frozen with rust, and will need a lot of disassembly to get it working.

He was asking too much for the blower considering the condition, but I was able to get it cheap because I was willing to take everything as a package.

Jim

Retired Wrencher

S/Jim Nice looking commando 6. I know people do not like these little tecky`s. But over time I have grown fond of these little tractors. The most of the problems deals with the carbs anyway. But they are cheap to replace. If I was closer I would be knockin` on your door.  Enjoy it. Gary  B.....

• Like 2

Tankman
Nice score! The price was right too!

SPINJIM

S/Jim Nice looking commando 6. I know people do not like these little tecky`s. But over time I have grown fond of these little tractors. The most of the problems deals with the carbs anyway. But they are cheap to replace. If I was closer I would be knockin` on your door.  Enjoy it. Gary  B.....

I guess I'm NOT going to part out the Commando.  My wife thought it was "cute", and any positive comments from her about my hobby has to be encouraged.   I'm going to put on a Techy 6hp that I have laying around, and use it for plowing.   I kind of like the short frame look also.
   Jim

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

I guess I'm NOT going to part out the Commando.  My wife thought it was "cute", and any positive comments from her about my hobby has to be encouraged.   I'm going to put on a Techy 6hp that I have laying around, and use it for plowing.   I kind of like the short frame look also.
   Jim

Good for you. Keep it original. I am getting a 607 this or next week and I will be doing the same. I been looking for years to find one of these little tractors.  Enjoy the project Gary   B..

Ed Kennell

Rally nice score and save Jim. WTG