alswagg

Super D FEL/ Backhoe

whfan74

That is awesome!  I hope you will haul that beast over to our show in Leesburg on October 3rd.  Would love to see it out front with all of the others!

alswagg

Really?  I suppose I could load up all the D's I have.  3 are at the cabin the other is at our shop in Syracuse.  Keep me posted on the event. 

Lane Ranger

How deep will one of those backhoes go in the ground ??

alswagg

I dug a 90' trench this past weekend 6' deep in most areas 

image.jpg

The other D's with front dozer blade and mid grader blade did the backfill and leveling.  

image.jpg

roadapples

Very impressive, love the backhoe. But at my place you`d have more rocks than ground. Don`t see any there.

alswagg

Rocks? Not many at all. All sand    Also several stumps and roots.  I can also use the back hoe to pick up large logs with tongs and set on the log splitter.  Anything over 150 lbs I either use the forks on the loader or the back hoe.  Paid for itself time and time again. 

• Like 2

pacer

Could you give a bit of info on your power assist steering you added?  I have 4 "Big D's" (LOVE them guys!!) and they are a bit stiff in the steering department even without a wonderful FEL and BH.

alswagg

Sure I bought the fit from "power steering guy". Basically an actuator attached to the drag link that sends hydro pressure to a push pull cylinder   This cylinder is attached to the pitman arm and a plate under the frame. The down side to this system is you loose the availability to use belly attachments.  I am working on another version which is pure hydraulic parts from a 420 JD. 

• Like 1

Brrly1

Luv the tractor, but you better dig that hole a bit wider or get some shoring. You'd feel like crap if that hole caved in on your son. Not an expert by any means I've seen alot of cave ins beings that was also part of my job.

alswagg

Here is another view of the dig 

image.jpg