Brad GREENWALD

1964 654 did i pay to much

Brad GREENWALD

I payed 200 for a 1964 654 is that to much doesn't run hood is a little beat up the guy wanted 400 will post pix later 

953 nut
:WRS:     If this is the tractor that you like and it is all there (not missing a bunch of parts) then I think you did very well. The Tecumseh engines tend to need a carburetor replacement if they have been sitting very long but you can get a new aftermarket replacement on Ebay at a reasonable price. Do a search on here  for H60 Tecumseh and you will find lots of threads about the engine.

God luck and keep us posted as you go along. Remember,  :wwp:
  • Like 2

wallfish

:WRS:
9 out of 10 times when you get an old round hood for $200, you did well.
I have a bunch of tractors and for some unknown reason, the 654 is one of my favorites. Getting ready to repower it with a Kohler 7hp for the winter snow plow duties.

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 1

slammer302

I think you did great i would been all over it

nice steering wheel too

stevasaurus

I agree, even with the Tecumseh...  :ychain:  Is the engine free to turn...not froze?  If not froze, do a little cleaning and see if she starts.  You could spend a good $200 on her and still be in great shape.  Your Wheel Horse # 5046 transmission is worth $100 by itself.  Enjoy.  :)

wallfish

got any pics from farther away?
Is that steering wheel bent?

Brad GREENWALD

I think the steering wheel is bent a little 

Racinbob

You done good!! :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright: You should be able to straighten that wheel.

953 nut
Very nice, good original tires, nice mower deck and a very complete tractor, you did good!     :text-coolphotos:
  • Like 1

Rob.A.700

I paid just about that for my 655 and didn't get half that lol nice find!!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Welcome to Red Square. 
you have done well with the 654

Brad GREENWALD

Are the parts on the 654 the same as the 754 and 854? The main reason I bought the tractor is I needed front rims for the 754 that I am currently working on. Just wondering if I could swap out the better parts from the 654 to the 754 if they are the same. thanks

953 nut

No, don't do it, none of those parts will fit.  :ychain:  Actually I think everything will interchange, just hate to see a nice survivor like that be parted out.

• Like 1

Brad GREENWALD

Lol  the parts on the 654 are in a lot better shape I have the 754 all apart for sand blasting  

Racinbob

The fuel tank, hood, dash and a few other things are different on the 754. That 654 looks nice and personally I'd save it and keep looking for what you need on the 754. How about some pics of the 754. :greetings-wavingyellow:

• Like 2