Pete Monteiro

Anyone know where I can get a smaller rear end pulley ?

Pete Monteiro

I built up a 25 command and I cant find a smaller rear end pulley that will fit properly. The pulleys I found will fit but there offset and belt wont line up properly. I need more wheel speed for the class I'm in. I have a 5 inch on the motor. Want to go for a 4 or 5 inch on the rear. Does anyone know where I can get one ?   

daveoman1966

What is the diameter of the INPUT SHAFT on your trans? 
What is the WIDTH of pulley you need? 
 I presume it uses a 5/8" belt....right?

Pete Monteiro

The shaft bore is 5/8 it is the 8 speed rear end. Yes 5/8" belt. Also the factory rear pulley has a 1/8 inch keyway and all the pulleys on line have 3/16 key for the 5/8 bore at least thats all I can find online. Are you pulling guys making your own pulleys for the rear? Very frustrating lol It is a 400 series Horse

Edited by Pete Monteiro

Spareparts

Do you know anyone that has a mill, trim the 3/16" key down to make it a step key, I have seen keys before but for the life can't remember where.

Pete Monteiro

Didnt even think of that. Thanks. Now I need to find a pulley that will allighn correctly. 

stevasaurus

Send a PM to racinfool40.  He has a ton of pulleys from the Wheel Horse transmissions, he might just have what you are looking for.  :)

wallfish

You could always go bigger on the engine pulley too.
Not sure why they won't line up, the engine pulley can slide in and out on the shaft.
Can you post some pics of your setup?

Pete Monteiro

5 inches on the engine is about the biggest pulley I can go without modifying the belt guard. I will post some pics tomorrow.