Brrly1

Big Ten Football is here and Now

RMCIII

What a shake up in the AP Poll. Oklahoma St. jumps 7 spots to end up ahead of Iowa! I guess when you throttle a #4 team like they did, you do deserve to move up some, but 7 spots, come on! How do you put a team that has not lost a game since their first game last season in 2nd place?  I realize OSU has had some obstacles to overcome, but again a win is still a win. I need to go to Vegas, I think with the way I am doing in this years picks, I'd do better in Vegas at a craps table! :)

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Thanks Jim...I corrected it...I really wanted that extra week to try to catch Koen.  :)

ILLINOIS, MICHIGAN ST. NORTHWESTERN, RUTGERS, INDIANA, MINNESOTA, NOTRE DAME

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 4

C-101plowerpower
ILLINOIS
MARYLAND
PURDUE
RUTGERS
INDIANA
MINNESOTA
WAKE FOREST

going for worst score again so i can stay first from the bottom
:lol:
  • Like 1

Brrly1

Looks like Koen wants to stay in bsmt by himself, in other words he might have a problem sharing?? Maybe he'll do better in the bowl picks!! 

• Like 2

squonk

Thats gotta be one tough eatin pig John. ! BACON FOR EVERYBODY!!!!:laughing-rolling:

Should I make my picks now or wait until all the injury reports, firings, suspensions, and pundits have their say? 

Don't matter cause I have no system and no attachment to any school. This is so excellent, another week not having to pick those rotten Maryland Terapins! :)

Ohio St.
Mich St.
N Western
Neb
Mich
Iowa
ND

• Like 2

HorseFixer

Looks like Koen wants to stay in bsmt by himself, in other words he might have a problem sharing?? Maybe he'll do better in the bowl picks!! 

Yeah John I looked at his picks, He's probably drinking Colt 45 or Shlitz Malt liquor  :ychain:  As Far as Michigan goes at this point even If they do Beat OSU they wont be going to any sort of B1G  playoff! I am just hoping for a Increase chances of a better Bowl Game and with a Loss by MSU to Nebraska that helped us a bunch. MSU will also loose to ohio so that Will give MSU 2 B1G losses. As far as recruiting goes It also Looks like M has increased their chances and may have Stole the #1 running back in the country away from OSU or at least improved their chances as Kareem Walker last week de-committed from OSU after attending a Visit to Michigan a couple weeks ago. So it has been with other recruiting. Once Jim get's things in place which after seeing this seasons performance it wont be long!

Who has it better than these 109,000 people in this STADIUM?  NOBODY!
"GO BLUE"

As far as my picks go I am consulting with BO on them.
:handgestures-thumbupright: 
DSCN0149.thumb.JPG.b252b8801c2e58423aef2   

Edited by HorseFixer

RMCIII

Thanks Jim...I corrected it...I really wanted that extra week to try to catch Koen. 

ILLINOIS, MICHIGAN ST. NORTHWESTERN, RUTGERS, INDIANA, MINNESOTA, NOTRE DAME

Ha - just don't pick half of them and you will catch him!

Picks early this week:

Ohio State, Michigan St., Northwestern, Nebraska, Michigan, Iowa, Notre Dame. I am gonna guess many will pick these teams.

RC

• Like 2

RMCIII

And there you have it for this week of the selected play offs in the top 4, and who should be # 5? John has got to be gloating on the amount of help Iowa received. If it stays this way for the final 3 weeks, and Iowa wins out, it puts them in the driver seat to upset OSU and be placed into the final 4....

RC

• Like 1

Racinbob

WOW! That sure changes my opinion. Win out and Iowa is in. Who would have thought that they would jump that much with a one touchdown win over a mediocre team? Clemson and Alabama should win out, Ohio State has a couple of tough ones and Notre Dame has Stanford to get by. It's gonna be interesting and fun to see how things pan out.:)

• Like 3

Brrly1

Yup, I am doing it very quietly!!! Enjoying this very much, just ask the Dino he knows!! Hoping to see him and whoever else might show up at Indy. Really hoping to make that show. Really never had a bucket list but you could say that this would be one of them!
As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!!

Hawkeye.jpg

• Like 3

RMCIII

What needs to happen by both teams in order for either to be in the Top 4 at the end is to put on some BIG scores these last 3 games. This touchdown win, according to NCAA, is not enough when it comes crunch time like this! What I do see playing out, should OSU win out, is an Alabama/OSU rematch. Someone has a bone to pick with us!

stevasaurus

Here is what I think...:eusa-think:...Iowa and actually Ohio St. also is  not getting enough respect.  ESPN and the SEC almost have to be in bed together.  Even the Big 12 is getting little to no respect.  Games are too close...give me a break.  The Big Ten may well be the best conference Top to Bottom this year...even Purdue is going to bring their "A" game when they have a chance to give a team their 1st loss. 
Iowa is the best team in a weak division...Iowa may be the best team, but it is not a weak division.  Illinois has a good chance to become bowl eligible, which would make 4 teams with 6 wins or better in each division.  Nebraska has a shot also...they have Rutgers and Iowa...watch out Iowa...I think Nebraska is the most dangerous team in the country.  Between east and west the score is east 7 wins against the west and the west has 6 wins against the east with 3 between conference games left.
For some reason, the committee likes Stanford.  Let's remember that Northwestern beat Stanford 16-6 early in the season, and Northwestern lost to Iowa.  :bow-blue:
Oklahoma St and Baylor play each other yet.  I think winner gets a spot.  They were left out last year.
Clemson beat Notre Dame...committees usually do not like the chance of a re-match.  Clemson gets a spot if undefeated.  If Clemson slips...ND if they beat Stanford.
Ohio St. or Iowa if 13-0
I'm sorry Alabama and the SEC...1 or 2 loss teams should not be in the final 4 with maybe 6 undefeateds out there....this could cancel Notre Dame if the SEC gets a spot.
Bottom line...a lot can happen yet...we could have no undefeated teams and 35 one loss teams out there...watch out then.  :)

• Like 3

RMCIII

NCAA = Brick wall + head!

jackhammer

"7  for week 11 picks are 

Ohio, ... Michigan State, ... Northwestern , ... Nebraska, ... Michigan, ... Minnesota, ... Notre Dame.

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Ohio State, Michigan State, Northwestern, Nebraska, Michigan, Iowa, ND
I sure hope in the end it turns out ND plays M in a Bowl!  :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Like 2

RMCIII

Ohio State, Michigan State, Northwestern, Nebraska, Michigan, Iowa, ND
I sure hope in the end it turns out ND plays M in a Bowl!   

That would be a good game Duke!

• Like 1

Racinbob

If Notre Dame doesn't make the playoffs I'd like that matchup Duke. It would be great. I'm also seeing the possibility of Iowa and ND. :orcs-cheers:

Hodge71

Ohio State, Michigan State, Northwestern, Nebraska, Michigan, Minnesota and Notre Dame

bitten

THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES
Michigan St.
Northwestern
Nebraska
michigan
Iowa
N.D.

Go Buckeyes

• Like 1

Brrly1

LMAO!! Hope this is ok but all I can say is Go Hawkeyes!!!!!   I can smell the bacon!!!

image.jpeg

Edited by Brrly1

RMCIII

All I can say is there were a lot of top 25 teams yesterday that had their hands full the first half of the game. Our Big 10 teams may not have the win/loses that they deserve. Meaning Purdue certainly did not play like a 2-7 team heading into that game. Northwestern had a real battle the entire game. Another awesome game was Michigan and Indiana, what a game! OSU was having serious trouble with Illinois the entire first half of that game. Minnesota was on the heels of Iowa the entire game. While Iowa won, but not by much. These teams like Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois, Indiana, certainly are playing much better than their win-loss record this year. I think what Harbaugh and Meyer have done with recruiting at those 2 schools is also starting to impact recruiting within the Big 10. The kids may not get to play on their teams, so what it the next best thing. Beating the kids that play on those teams! I hope it continues to build up the Big 10 the way it should.
John - that game was just a little too close for my comfort and Duke - you need to have a talk with Michigan! :lol:
But it wasn't just our conference, Clemson barely got by Syracuse. In my opinion that should drop Clemson out of 1st. They took 1st away from OSU when they struggled with Minnesota. Oklahoma toppled Baylor! WOOO-HOO! That puts them completely out of it. Oregon toppled Stanford, in my opinion, in a crushing fashion even though the score does not look like it. Iowa State (and John I was rooting for this team also), almost pulled the upset over Oklahoma State. Arkansas handed LSU another "L"  for their record, Arizona puts one on Utah,/ Those were the big upsets. there are more but you could say they have little impact on the top 10 right now. Iowa and OSU have a couple of tough games ahead of them if they want to play for the Big 10 Champ. The way their teams played today, it could go either way. Think I'll give Urban a call! :P
If the Big 10 ranked teams finish in fashion and form, Big 10 should get some great bowl picks this year.
BIG 10 regardless is handling their business this year and getting great looks from the NCAA, not sure how? Must be some "style" point system that I am unaware of. :ph34r:

For what it's worth, IF YOU HAVE A PERFECT RECORD THIS LATE IN THE SEASON NCAA, THAT TEAM SHOULD BE RANKED AS SUCH! Having a team with a loss in the top 4 is a BUNCH OF CRAP! It really should be the 4 undefeated teams that get the top 4 spots on Tuesday, making it Clemson, OSU, Iowa and look at this OSU!

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 1

stevasaurus
RESULTS FOR WEEK # 11  WINNING TEAMS...OHIO ST. MICHIGAN ST. NORTHWESTERN, NEBRASKA, MICHIGAN, IOWA, NOTRE DAME

7 WINS AND 0 LOSSES.......RACINBOB, SQUONK, JIMD, RMCIII, BRRLY1, HORSEFIXER, BITTEN  :handgestures-thumbupright:
6 WINS AND 1 LOSS............HODGE71, JACKHAMMER
3 WINS AND 4 LOSSES.......STEVASAURUS
0 WINS AND 7 LOSSES.......KOEN   :bow-blue:  (YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LET ME CATCH YOU, ARE YOU??)  :)

RESULTS AFTER 108 GAMES

92 WINS AND 16 LOSSES....RACINBOB
91 WINS AND 17 LOSSES....HORSEFIXER
88 WINS AND 20 LOSSES....BRRLY1
86 WINS AND 22 LOSSES....BITTEN
85 WINS AND 23 LOSSES....JACKHAMMER
84 WINS AND 24 LOSSES....SQUONK
83 WINS AND 25 LOSSES....HODGE71
81 WINS AND 27 LOSSES....RMCIII
77 WINS AND 31 LOSSES....JIMD
72 WINS AND 36 LOSSES....STEVASAURUS
66 WINS AND 42 LOSSES....KOEN

stevasaurus
WEEK # 12 GAMES   8 GAMES THIS WEEK...NEBRASKA HAS THE BYE

RUTGERS  AT  ARMY
PURDUE  AT  IOWA
INDIANA  AT  MARYLAND
ILLINOIS  AT  MINNESOTA
MICHIGAN  AT  PENN ST.
NORTHWESTERN  AT  WISCONSIN
MICHIGAN ST.  AT  OHIO ST.
BOSTON COLLEGE  AT  NOTRE DAME

C-101plowerpower
RUTGERS
IOWA
INDIANA
MINNESOTA
MICHIGAN
WISCONSIN
OHIO ST.
NOTRE DAME
  • Like 1

Brrly1

Whoa Nelly!!! What's up with this??? Koen, those picks look pretty good!!! They look alot better!! Good luck, Dino is on his way down to visit!! Bottle of Rock-n-Rye on its way!!

• Like 2