Brrly1

Big Ten Football is here and Now

Brrly1

It's that time once again, Can you say National title!!! Like WoW! I know are you bored yet Duke??? Nothing like going for the Big guy huh?? Oh yeah figured we let you borrow a qb for this year. I really liked Jake he did nothing but good for the Hawkeyes. Michigan had a very busy off season as well as the Buckeyes did. It'll be interesting to see who the QB is for Ohio State as Braxton Miller becomes wide receiver Ok well its that time once again as normal we try to do this every week, so it's really important to get your picks in in a timely manner. I need to get the lead Dino involved see if he's up and ready for the task at hand, It's been a busy time here, so I apologize for the delay. Hoping for a better performance out of the Hawkeyes, one can only hope. Season  begins September 5th so keep your eyes posted for any updates, I'll be back!!     

As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!    

Hawkeye.jpg

HorseFixer

John,

Michigan plays Utah Thursday the 3rd at 8:30 pm eastern time I think. On Jake Ruddock the 5th year senior transfer from Iowa, He was decent at Iowa Jim brought him in for dependability. Coach Kurt Farrentz thought he was too reserved and didn't take enough risks?  We had Gardner as you know and that's all he took is Risks because the offensive line got him so far behind the 8 ball all the time. We lost to many games because of turnovers and Risks of Gardner.

Jake is also stirring up quite a QB Controversy At present we have 8 QB's with more on the way next year. And you can bet Jim Harbaugh will develop them better than any other coach in the Big Ten. After all look at Andrew Luck and  Colin Kaepernick. Who led the 9'ers to a Superbowl. Anyways things should be interesting.  

squonk

Looks like Steve all ready has things ready to go here John.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/58078-football/

Edited by squonk

Brrly1

Are we a little Impatient??? Just a little??? Two weeks away and he starts sweating!!!! Ah ha, I know now, he thinks he's going to repeat!!!! Ha ha Dino, we don't do repeats here!!! I'll place five that he doesn't even come close!

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Let's see...5 what???  I already have 5 horses, 3 x 5 dinosaurs, at least 5 dependents, five pair of reading glasses spread through out the house, five fingers on each hand, 5" I never use and can't see :)   5 five gallon buckets, and probably 5 reasons to not play this game anymore.  But when you kicked everyone's butt last year...you do feel compelled to come back and see if all you Football Shamans learned anything from last year.  Brrly's already got 6 or 7 losses...Duke already has 5 or 6 losses.  :text-lol:  :ychain:  Are we going to pick the Notre Dame games also this year.  I think we should.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  It is your thread John...what say you??

• Like 2

Racinbob

I vote yes, we include Notre Dame :happy-jumpeveryone:  :beer:  :hide:

• Like 2

squonk

If we include the "Little Sister's of the Poor" I'll win every week! :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 2

Brrly1

Steve, if you want to list them, you can bet we'll make the pick!! Question back to you do you want to throw in a couple other games your choice of the games. I don't know, guess it's time for a phone call

• Like 3

stevasaurus

A phone call...OK.  Any other teams???  Jim D told me last year..."it is a Big Ten Thread"...end of story.  I kind of agree with my buddy JimD...but I also realize that Notre "Dame is more of a Big Ten team then they really want to be...they are more of a Big Ten team then Rutgers, Maryland or Nebraska.  I kind of like throwing them into the mix...we would be picking the 2 best programs in College Football History.  Number 1...Notre Dame   and number 2...Michigan.. :) ......Ohio St. can't be too far behind.  I think if anyone has objection...air it out here and now.  We are not even talking about Missouri.  Actually, I think Iowa St. would be a better choice then Iowa...for the Big Ten.  :ROTF: The SWEET CORN is in now...:text-lol: 

John, I think it is your call in the end...let's see what the College Football Shamans have to say.  Me...I have trouble picking any game that has an Indiana Team playing...and so does everyone else, so it is a toss up.  OMG...Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame...it would be hard to get 2 out of 3 each week.  :bow-blue:  On the good side...RacinBob will already have 5 or 6 losses.  :banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 3

Racinbob

OK, just for the record......the Sports Illustrated dudes picked Notre Dame to make the playoffs. Now, who's going to go against somebody that also puts out that swimsuit issue??? :P

But seriously, if you all want it to be a Big 10 thing I'm fine with that. It isn't worth getting your undies tied up in knots over a minor thing. For obvious reasons I'm not one to pull for conferences. OK, I'll say I want anybody to beat any SEC team. I'll enjoy the pool with or without ND in it. 

Ummmmmmm…........5 or 6 losses Steve???? :violence-blades:

• Like 2

stevasaurus
:ROTF:  :text-lol:  :ROTF:  :ROTF:  :ROTF:  to be continued...ppplayoffs...don't talk about pplayoffs.  I want Notre Dame in this.  I think it will separate the men from the boys.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  But just the Big Ten and Notre Dame...after that...it becomes too much to post and keep up with.  Having Notre Dame in there, will keep us watching the rest of the teams when it gets down into conference play.  I like that. 

I am going to LaSueur next week...so unless all hell breaks loose about this...Notre Dame is going to be one of the teams we pick this year.  Make up our minds by this Saturday...I would like to post the 1st games like this Sunday or Monday...if you don't like it...file a complaint with Brrly1...he will have a process that you have to go through to get your complaint heard...(what did he say Ethel!!!!)...he said Brrly1 would give you a fair hearing and rule on his dissension in good time...sometime before Iowa looses it's 5th game this year....could be October.  :)   OMG...it's going to be a fun season.

BIG TEN  + ND  =  ???? Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 4

C-101plowerpower

whohoow these shenanigans start again, get ready to get your butts kicked with a woodshoe:flags-netherlands:

• Like 2

squonk

What about Southern Cleveland State????? :ranting::ranting::ranting::):)

I vote for 15. Any more and we'll need one of those old adding machines with the lever to keep track :lol:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

CasualObserver
@Brrly1 pinning this thread for you John.... let'r roll.
  • Like 2

C-101plowerpower

does Iowa have these chearleaders still?
2jab7rm.jpg

• Like 5

Brrly1

No Respect!!! Dang kids!!!

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

You do look good tho:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

squonk

No. He make the girls look better! :lol:

• Like 3

Brrly1

All those girls have retired I'm a 40 year senior this year, they said they will finally give me that passing grade in government so I can finally graduate!!!! Go Hawkeyes!!!!Hawkeye.thumb.jpg.e40a780d68b32449c931e2

• Like 3

HorseFixer

John,
Just showed this to MJ she says you do have a nice set of Legs!  :D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUDcTLaWJuo

GO HAWKEYES!  :handgestures-thumbupright: 

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

I think we are ready for some FOOTBALL...Brrly...I think you have a six pack under that sweater.  :)

• Like 2

squonk

I think we are ready for some FOOTBALL...Brrly...I think you have a six pack under that sweater.  :)

How does he fit them all in there? :confusion-confused::)th.thumb.jpg.821475df7541668b1bd9ad3d399

• Like 1

stevasaurus

OK...here are the games for the 1st week...15 games.  Just list your winning pick in order (please) with a coma in between.  Make sure you have 15 teams picked...I do not always have the time to search you out because you missed a pick...a missed pick is a loss.  Note that the games start on Thursday September 3rd...all picks must be in by the time the first game starts.  This is for the BRAGGING RIGHTS OF THE FREE WORLD...so this is important.  Same rules as last year.  GOOD LUCK TO ALL...HERE WE GO  :handgestures-thumbupright:

WEEK # 1
THURSDAY SEPT 3
MICHIGAN  AT  UTAH
TCU  AT MINNESOTA

FRIDAY SEPT 4
MICHIGAN ST.  AT WESTERN MICHIGAN
KENT ST.  AT  ILLINOIS

SATURDAY SEPT 5
ILLINOIS ST.  AT  IOWA
RICHMOND  AT  MARYLAND
NORFOLK ST.  AT  RUTGERS
STANFORD  AT  NORTHWESTERN
PENN ST.  AT  TEMPLE
BYU  AT  NEBRASKA
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS  AT  INDIANA
WISCONSIN  AT  ALABAMA
TEXAS  AT  NOTRE DAME

SUNDAY SEPT 6
PURDUE  AT  MARSHALL

MONDAY SEPT 7
OHIO ST.  AT  VIRGINIA TECH

• Like 1

squonk

As usual I have no freakin idea who is good and who is a cellar dweller. all I know is Maryland should be thrown out of college football entirely for laying down against Rutgers in the last game costing me the regular season title and HANDING it to the Dino! :ranting: I hate Maryland more than the Vikings :) I vowed never to pick the Terrapins again but Richmond ???????:confusion-confused:

Mich, TCU, Mich ST. ILL :lol:, IOWA, Maryland! Rutgers, Stanford, Penn ST,Nebraska, Indiana,Alabama, Norte Dame, Purdue, Ohio ST.

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

here's mine, random as ever

UTAH,TCU,MICHIGAN,ILLINOIS,IOWA,RICHMOND,RUTGERS,NORTHWESTERN,PENN ST.,BYU,INDIANA,WISCONSIN,NOTRE DAME,PURDUE,VIRGINIA TECH

• Like 1