Ken B

The new Farm truck...

Ken B

Well, the Longhorn made it to the show and back without the slightest hiccup and didn't use a drop of oil. I ran it hard a few times on the way to the show, (Stevebo might have a video of that)  I was a little tired from lack of sleep so I left the show earlier Saturday than the CT caravan. I kept it  between 60-63 mph on the way home and I was able to get myself 11 mpg. I'm fine with that, one of my brothers has an 03 Chevy K2500 with a 6.0 and when he tows his motorcycle trailer that is all he gets. I'm on the hunt for a 3.73 geared rear to swap out the 4.10's. Not really to go faster, more so that the engine won't have to turn so much when it really doesn't have to. For next yrs. show I think I might have to find myself a small popup camper because I got NO SLEEP in the tent. I still won't pass up the right truck camper should I find one but I think fuel mileage might drop down to 7 mpg with one of them in the bed. Maybe I'll build one of them Tear Drop campers I've always wanted to.:confusion-shrug:. Today I need to unload the truck, I was to whooped to do it yesterday.:ROTF:

20160626_083920_zpsl7qwra9f.jpg

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Cool shot of Ken's new/ol' farm truck here...

I can tell you first hand...this truck is sweet.  :bow-blue:

IMG_4920.JPG

• Like 3

stevebo

Not only cool but sounds real nice too going by at about 4500 rpm ...

IMG_6267_(1).MOV

• Like 2

mels

Looks and sounds good.  Making me jones for my old ford that's trapped in Tennessee!